Monday, December 01, 2003

What a freaky weekend!!

Friday night

Shengxian, Valencia, Laijin, Shawn and Sam came to my house for FYP discussion. Most of them were late and we managed to start at only around 9. We ordered KFC for dinner and after discussion and dinner, we all left. They were on their way home and I was on my way to meet Bernerd to play snooker. This is the first time I played since more than a month ago and I haven’t lost my touch yet hehe. Went for supper at Punngol Nasi Lemak Coffeeshop again and didn’t reach home till around 4am. What a long night.

Saturday

Woke at in the afternoon at around 3pm. Waited at home for Sam coz she was supposed to accompany me to my cousin’s 21st birthday. But she was out with mingli and xiaowen. I waited till 6+ and was so bored I decided to go to Lim Ah Boy to buy some apparels. I bought a bike cover and a pair of gloves hehe. The bike cover is so huge I wonder where I’m going to stuff it when it gets wet.

Ok so I met up with Sam at around 8+ and reached my cousin’s party at East Coast Costa Sands at around 9. All the bikes at the carpark there were beautiful I must say. Wonder why all of them were there. Had dinner there but didn’t eat much even though I didn’t had anything to eat since I woke up at 3pm coz the food weren’t really my cup of tea. We played mahjong awhile with my cousins and left there at around 10.30pm. I sent Sam home and went on to meet Weijian to play lan and have supper hehe.

Ok here’s the climax of the weekend that really spoilt it. While having Burger King at beach road, I took out my handphone to reply pussy’s msg. Since I was eating my burger, I put it down on the table after replying my msg. Chatting chatting chatting we finished our meal. We stood up and went to play lan for around one hour. After finishing lan I realised I didn’t have my handphone with me!! Used weijian’s phone to call but it was all too late, someone has off the phone. Dammit, one of the worst thing that can happen to anyone just happened to me. It can really be a hassle losing one’s handphone and my heart aches knowing I have to spend again! We thought and thought and finally concluded that I had left my phone at BK. Went back to ask and the manager was blasting some techno, this BK outlet has become Canto. Anyway she acted blur when I asked, walked around the outlet awhile and said she didn’t find it. Before that she was flirting with these 3 Indian cleaners, how weird, she’s chinese. Ok anyway I’m quite convinced one of the staffs took it since we were the last customers leaving the outlet that night. Reached home at around 3+ I guess and called Starhub to suspend my line. F*cking BK, I’m going to boycott it for awhile.

Sunday

Met up with pussy at Plaza Singapura. He wanted to give me his old V60 but the antenna was spoilt so we were there at Motorola Service Center. We were quoted $86.60 to change the thing. I don’t think it’s worth since the phone is already quite old.

After that, I decided that I wanted to go Starhub to replace my lost sim card. I rode my bike wanting to go to Cuppage Plaza. So I parked at this open area carpark opposite Centrepoint. The carpark was slightly jam and this proved to be a blessing in disguise. I realised that all the bike lots were occupied and decided that I should park at the double yellow line. But as I was packing up to leave, HDB umbrella woman appeared behind me! Woah! What a time to appear! I quickly got back on my bike pretending I was waiting for someone to leave. And that very moment, an angel appeared. I didn’t have any parking coupon with me and I wanted to buy one from him. He had one and gave it to me FOC. What a nice guy. So I took his lot and put my coupon. Safe at last.
No this is not the last. When we walked to Cuppage, we were told by the security guard that Starhub has shifted to Plaza Singapura! WTF?! We just came from there! So fine nvm, thinking that I escaped an expensive summon, I happily decided to walk back to PS. While walking, me and pussy’s imagination ran wild. We thought of all the possibilities of what might have happened if we knew Starhub was at PS, umbrella woman didn’t appear at that moment, the biker didn’t want to leave at that time, and there wasn’t a slight jam at the carpark. Is this kharma or is this fate?

So we reached PS’s Starhub service centre. My line is under my mum’s name and I was told that I need to write an authorisation letter to get my sim card. So I asked the counter for a blank piece of paper and wrote our authorisation letter there. I forged my mum’s signature and tadah, an authorisation letter. But at the counter, this stupid himbo told me the letter wasn’t formal enough and I needed my mum’s ic to collect the sim card on her behalf. Shit them, whats wrong with them, if I can come out with my house’s address, phone number, mum’s ic number etc accurately of course I know my mum right. Now I can’t get back my number today. Argh…come to think of it, I will lose all my contacts. So people if you don't mind you can leave your handphone number here in the comments so I can store them?

At around 3 – 4, me and puss went to Sitex 2003 at Expo, pussy wanted to get a new computer. We reached there at around 4.30pm, the carpark was super jam, you could see the queue on the main road waiting to enter the carpark. But afterall I’m a bike, I’m minimally affected. There were lots of bikes there (many nice ones too), but I didn’t had much trouble finding a place to park. I sat on a Honda Goldwing parked there because I wanted to see how it feels, it was super duper huge and damn comfortable of course. The bike has a mainstand which was amazing considering the weight, I wonder how the rider puts it up on its mainstand or get it down.
Ok so we entered the exhibition, it was packed but quite ok. There were sexy babes at some booths wearing skimpy clothings and showing lots of skin and cleavage….woah. New strategy of IT companies to attract customers, don’t really appeal to me though. At least I won’t buy something just because they show me some cleavage. What’s the big deal about cleavages anyway, there are more than 1 billion of them everywhere in the world hahaha. I really wonder why men are fasinated by them, ok I’m a man too, I’m fasinated too but I don’t know why wahahaha.

Okok how come I’m always going off topic. Puss walked around and decided on this model that was value for money. Called his friends, mother, sister and discussed with them. They decided it was ok and the sister decided that she wanted to come down to pay for the computer using her credit card so that she could accumulate points. They reached at around 6.30pm. We were both famished by then but looking at the queue to buy BK (BK?!), we decided against buying. So they entered the exhibition hall and went straight to the booth with the computer pussy wanted, they bargained and bargained wanting to get a free speaker. The store refused and they debated and debated, both side wouldn’t budge so we walked off. They went to other booths but couldn’t find a better offer. By this time, the queue at BK has shorten and we decided we should sit down and eat something. (Ok I have no choice, there’s only BK and orange julius at Expo, of course eat BK lah!)

After eating we went back to the same booth. They decided they wanted to buy that model but wanted to bargain somemore since it’s the last day and the exhibition will be closing soon. They continued doing it for another half an hour I guess but they still wouldn’t budge. So pussy and family finally gave it, in the end they got nothing free except for 3 mousepads….wahahaha. It was already 9.15pm by then, although the exhibition has closed, it wasn’t over for us. There was a lucky draw going on and the queue was freaking long! Anyway puss decided he didn’t want to give up his lucky draw so he queued. Took about half an hour in all I guess. We left at around 9.45 and I reached home at around 10.30. What a long night again. Watched abit of Chelsea vs Manu and fell asleep with the score 1-0 to Chelsea. (I still don’t know the final score while typing this.)

I woke up at 7.45am this morning and I’m supposed to start work at 8am! Oh no! This will be the first time I’ll be late for work. I arrived at 8.30am, luckily didn’t get a scolding or what. My colleagues were just worried since I had never been late before and they couldn’t get me on my handphone. I paid $1.50 for my ERP today instead of the usual $0.25. The punishment for waking up late…………………bad bad weekend + Monday morning…sob.

No comments: