Sunday, November 02, 2003

What a freaking freaking freaking long day!! (NC-16)

My gosh you will never believe what a sunday i had...it all started in the afternoon actually. In the morning i went with my family to visit my father's grave..it was All-souls day and we went to clean his grave. It has been a long time since i went there..really feeling unfilial. Anyway the catholic cemetery was freaking pack and it was really difficult to drive there..my sister's bf drove us there. We dropped by Clementi for a bite and then headed home. I took a short nap before Bernerd came to fetch me..he wanted to show me this marketing company that i can earn some extra money.

The company was located in Eunos and i was pretty skeptical of it all the way. He refused to tell me what the company was, what they sell and what i'm supposed to do. We reached at around 3pm and sat at the coffeeshop beside the building while waiting for his friend to come. Parking in between the building and the coffeeshop were lots of BMWs, SLK, CLK etc etc supposingly all owned by employees of the company. People as young as 19-21 owned cars of their own and supposingly paid for it themselves. In my mind i was thinking: "What the hell? Is this for real?" I felt that this was a con company and i believe i'm right.

Ok here's how the "marketing plan" works. There a 7 levels of distributions rights.

1. Ordinary Distributor
2. Trainee Distributor
3. Direct Distributor
4. C??? Distributor (Shit i forgot what is stands for)
5. Executive Distributor
6. District Manager
7. Senior District Manager

Each level had their own deserved percentage of commission and there's a link between some. For example, if Bernerd brings me in and i make a sale, Bernerd is entitled a small percentage of commission based on my sale. And if you have a really good record of sales, you are also entitled to a car incentive program where the company will let you choose a car model of your choice..pay the downpayment and give you a fixed sum of car funds to pay for installments, parking, petrol etc.

Everyone i spoke to today boasted about cars that they can own within 1 year...i wasn't impressed. Anyway at around 4pm, this senior distribution manager gave us a talk. He was a good speaker and had a pinch of humour in him. He explained clearly what the company does and how they multi-marketing shit works. I started to have a slightly positive thinking towards this shit...but not for long!

After the talk we waited while this other guy came to explain to me about the company's product. It was a magnetic quilt and supposingly can prevent cancer, high blood pressure, heart diseases, strokes etc etc. They even had ISO, doctor's certifications and customers' testimonial to prove it. The only turn off point is actually the price. One quilt for a single bed costed a $1500, a queen size $2300 while a King size costs $2700. What the shit right? From what i observed, they quilts are poorly made and was actually nothing special. Threads were coming out and the material was nothing extraordinary. It looks more like a product from China..but when i enquired..i was told it's made in USA (YA RIGHT I wasn't born yesterday).

However, i was seriously thinking of getting one for my mum....very seriously thinking. I wanted a week to consider...but they wouldn't allow it! They persuaded me for 3 whole damn hours that i it will be better that i got it tonight! Fuck! From becoming a potential salesman of theirs i became their potential customer! Fuck off! I told them i needed to consider but guessed how they responded.

SUMMARY
Them: "What are you still thinking about? What's in your mind now? Why are you still considering?"
Me: "I need to discuss this with my mum..morever i don't have that much money."
Them: "Frankly are you seriously thinking about getting it for your mum? Aren't you big enough to make your own decision? How much can you come out first? Don't tell your mum...she will surely discourage you from spending so much money."
Me: "Yes i'm seriously thinking of getting but i need 1 week to let me consider and probably raise more cash."
Them: "What are you still thinking about? Do you know that a lot of things can happen in 1 week? Touch wood something might just happen to your mum within this 1 week and you don't want to live to regret not getting it for her today right? Morever you can earn a lot of money within this 1 week!"
Me (in my heart): Fuck off don't curse my mum. And fuck off again...like real 1 week is a lot of time. You guys are just desperate for business.

Anyway they went on and on about how important this 1 week was until i got damn pek chek! I couldn't get rid of them! I wanted so much to just walk off but decided not to for fear of making bernerd embarrassed. By the time they finished it was already over 9.30pm...was there for more than 6 hours! What a waste of my time! Now they really ruined my sunday..from seriously thinking of buying...it became "don't crap anymore..i won't believe a word you say anymore". A customer will eventually come back and buy if the product is really that good...morever why must you fucking force me to buy tonight?! Not even 1 week of consideration?! Get outta here!

Sorry bernerd but i don't think i'm going back there again. The product is just too suspicious to even consider it. And i guess it's too late for me to dissuade you as you've already bought one from them. But since your parents like it i guess it's money well spent. Just be careful now, don't easily be persuaded to buy anything again...they are just blood suckers that is successful because they get business from people like us!

I don't believe something so wonderful in this world exist, such shortcuts to riches rarely last. If this is the way i'm going to get my car, i rather stick to my bike. Morever i don't think i can ever get along with the people there. They were mostly either foreigners from China, Malaysia etc or local ex-bengs...hate them.

What a freaking Sunday, i rather work in BATA! Oh ya and did i mention? Today is the first day that i didn't ride since i got my bike. Miss riding it...see you tomorrow morning darling...HEHEHEHEHE

No comments: