Monday, November 17, 2003

Long weekend

I suspect that this will be a long post from me because I certainly had a long long weekend…a lot of things happened and I’ll try to put them down in words from what I can remember.

On Friday, I handed over my Phantom to it’s new owner after work. He came to City Hall to collect it afterwhich I went to meet Puss. We took a bus down to orchard and alighted at the bus stop beside Taka. We walked for quite awhile before we finally compromised on where to have dinner…Crystal Jade noodle house…that stupid puss ordered so much food I got so bloated. And the worst thing is that the different dishes he ordered all had the same pork filling in them…crap. After dinner we went shopping, I was looking for my mum’s birthday present and he wanted to buy a wallet. He finally settled for a Braun Buffel wallet and I settled for a $55 pillow instead of the $240 Tempur pillow I initially wanted to buy. Present finally settled!

On Saturday, I woke up at around 12 noon and went to watch the past few episodes of Holland V that I missed. Halfway through, my family finally decided we should go to Jack’s place for lunch to celebrate my mum’s birthday. So I didn’t managed to finish watching my Holland V and had to go prepare. Midway through lunch I got a call from Dom that I can collect my new bike! But I had to find a guarantor first before I can go collect my new bike, I got my cousin which he readily agreed! I went with sam and met him at Paya Lebar where he drove us to the shop. It was raining but fortunately it wasn’t heavy. We settled everything and I got my bike…the seat is quite high but it’s lighter and much easier to handle than the Phantom. My pillions complained that the seat is too high and they feel insecure. But I think it’s more fun since you can see further and the air up there is always fresher! The one problem I’m having with the bike now is that there’s no I.U unit! Now I can’t go through any ERP station and not get summoned! And you people know I have to pass by at least 1 ERP station everyday to come to work! I called the bike shop and I was told I have to pay $152 to install one and it can be done earliest by Monday…dammit man…more money to be spent.

Anyway I fetched Sam to Suntec where she was going to meet xiaowen and mingli to celebrate the latter’s birthday. Weijian met me there at Suntec too and we went Beach road to play lan. After that we went for a spin and we ended up in Marina South. Later on I went Jalan Kayu to meet Clarence and friends for supper. They didn’t believe I changed my bike and even came prepared with a camera wanting to take me riding the phantom…(something they find hilarious)..HAHA. Anyway here’s a few pictures of my new Aprilia! Pictures ain taken too carefully so bear with it!







Sunday, 16th november 2003….one of the most unlucky day of my year. Ok the Sunday started normally, I went for mass with Puss afterwhich we had lunch with Dom, Dot and Fabien. After lunch I headed for Sengkang to my cousin’s house for her baby’s MAN YUE (1st month?). Guess what…my sister found out that I got my motorbike license. She asked me while I was eating along the corridor. She didn’t scold me or anything, she just told me that by now I should know whether it’s dangerous riding a bike. She told me that while at A&E, this biker came to the hospital clutching his groin and his testical dangling. Apparently he got hit by a truck..he was a malaysian. I’m not trying to generalise but I think those malaysian bikers are really reckless. They squeeze through cars like nobody’s business and they seem to always speed on the expressway. Yesterday I witnessed 2 bikers riding freaking dangerously on CTE…the traffic was relatively heavy and they zoomed between cars at ridiculous speed. One of the bike even had a pillion…crazy people…don’t they even treasure their lifes? At that speed…one wrong move and they’re gone. Anyway they are not malaysians HEHE. I guess it’s anytime soon that my family will find out about my bike, my cousin told me that my sister and kok bin suspected. I’ve been trying to hint…leaving bike pictures on my computer desktop and leaving my bike magazine around. I just hope they won’t object violently to it and will eventually accept it?

After leaving my cousin’s place, I went to fetch Sam up from her workplace Borneo Motors. We then went to Geylang to eat her Turtle soup…one small bowl costed a whooping $10, it’s already the cheapest. After dinner we got Nicole her favourite chicken rice and sent it to her place. Her parents weren’t at home and Sam wanted to accompany her because she thinks it’ll lonely for her. I didn’t think so since her maid and grandpa are at home. Anyway I persuaded her to accompany me to Regina…this bike store near Lim Ah Boy. She wanted me to install this backseat cushion to make it more comfortable for her. It costed me $37..$40 actually but I didn’t have enough cash and they didn’t accept NETS. After installing it we went back to nicole’s place and stayed there for awhile. I had a bath and that’s one of the worse mistake this night. We left after awhile as we were both tired. I sent Sam home and went to AMK to pump petrol. After filling up the tank I realised that I didn’t have my wallet with me! I left it in Nicole’s bathroom! So guess what happened next..obviously I panicked..no money to pay..i called the one living nearest to the koisk…Fabien..he didn’t pick up his call. I had no choice..i told the cashier and filled up an I.O.U..travelled all the way back to paya lebar and back to settle the payment…dammit..what bad luck. I definitely spent more than $100 this weekend alone..feel so sad. Going to start saving now….

No comments: