Monday, June 02, 2008

Satisfying all the cravings

After all the suffering and deprivation the past week, I met up with Puss, Valencia and her bunch of friends for dinner on Frid
ay. After deciding that we should eat moderately and cheap this time, we ended up at the hawker at Beach Road's Army Market. I was late but when I got there, there was still a quarter of the famous large claypot rice that they've ordered still left. After looking forward to a good meal for the past 5 days, I wasn't satisfied with that quarter eaten claypot rice of course. I had to order more! But I settled for some glutinous balls aka tang yuans and decided to leave the rest of the space in my stomach for some other things.

After dinner, we went to watch Sex and The City the movie. Although I haven caught a single episode of the serial, I thought the movie was great. It was wittingly funny, romantically filled with love and it envisages how I think life should be led. A bunch of good friends always by your side, the love of your life caring for you and treating you as the most important person of his/her life, and enough money for you to make living all so comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, would love to start watching the serial if I manage to find the time.

Photobucket

Bernerd collected his new Honda Accord during the week and we arranged for dinner together with Puss yesterday. Sis joined us too because Mum was away in Malaysia and Kok Bin was participating at the Sundown Marathon. We chose Pier Eleven at Marina South Pier as the venue for dinner. It can be rather inaccessible if you don't drive but I think that its worth the trip! Give the place a try, it has wonderful big comfortable sofas, a great sea view and some really good food.

Photobucket
Photobucket
The bunch of us on the comfortable sofa

Photobucket
Photobucket
Couldn't get enough of those pillows

Photobucket
Sis and I with the wonderful sea view as the backdrop for the photograph

Photobucket
Bernerd and Puss with the pier behind

Photobucket
We ordered some soft shell crab as starters

Photobucket
With some fresh salmon carpaccio that really tasted more like onion salmon. Didn't like it one bit

Photobucket
Photobucket
I had an Australian grilled Tenderloin steak. It was great! The right tendernesss, juiciness and all! Yummy yummy

Photobucket
Photobucket
Sis had some oven baked salmon

Photobucket
Photobucket
Bernerd ordered the garlic sea prawn soba. Tasted a bit of it and it was great. Check out the size of those prawns too

Photobucket
Photobucket
Puss' BBQ baby ribs which I thought was great too

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We couldn't resist ordering some desserts too. We ordered the molten varihona chocolate, white lava. Thought it was good too

Photobucket
And a chocolate brulee, which was nothing particularly special

Photobucket
A picture at the door for some memory. One good experience should be sufficient. I highly doubt that it'll be there for long. It was near empty when we were there on a saturday evening. Check out the good food there while you can people

After dinner, Puss, Bernerd and I went to visit the rather new Singapore Flyer Mall. There was practically nothing interesting there. I would probably visit the place again only when I feel like eating some Popeye chickens. We then ended up the night eating dou hua at Chomp Chomp. A saturday of satisfying cravings complete!

Finally caught Death Note 2 thanks to some video streaming site on the net. The ending was awesome. But I really where part 3 is going to start off.

Photobucket

No comments: