Thursday, June 12, 2008

Euro 2008!

Yup I eventually succumbed to temptations and subscribed to Euro 2008. Bloodsucker Starhub just had to charge soccer fans like me an additional $21 so that we can enjoy 31 live matches. Money meant to be spent, money meant for enjoyment, I'm enjoying the football action right now! Its Czech Republic against Portugal now and can you believe it? Its the first time in the tournament so far after 8 matches that a team has actually scored an equalising goal. Yup, the score is tied at 1-1 at half time now. I'm gonna turn off the lights and enjoy the second half on my bed soon.

Photobucket

But before I do that, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the match between Spain and Russia last night. Spain played with such flair, speed and energy that I'm totally bowled over by them. I am now officially a Spainish fan for Euro 2008. I even have the intention to buy their jersey soon! Although I've been an Italian fan since World Cup 1994 (Yup the Roberto Baggio era), I don't quite fancy the current Italy squad. I won't mind if Holland or Portugal wins this tournament either. Well..still a long way to go before the tournament ends, may the best team wins. For now, time for me to fully utilise the $21 that I've paid!

Photobucket
Go Spain go!!!

Photobucket
The scene that I'll be hoping to see more often than not this month!

No comments: