Sunday, June 01, 2008

Life outfield

You won't understand how tired I feel right now. The past week has been one of the worst week of my life. I had barely 7 hours of sleep from Monday to Thursday, with no bath and no change of clothes, you can understand the shitty feeling that I was going through. To add misery to my already miserable experience outfield, mosquitoes had to irritate me 24/7. They seem to love my A+ blood. If there's one species that human beings want extinct, it has to be the mosquito. Not only do they not bring about any benefits to the human race, they introduce diseases such as dengue and malaria to us. Even cockroaches, worms and rats can have some uses, at least they can be eaten! Maggots? They can clear rotten flesh off our body and get rid of decomposing corpse and carcesses for us. The mosquito? No use whatsoever! I'm gonna donate some money for Baygon, Shieldtox and Off's R&D.

Photobucket
Green not clean

Photobucket
Life oh so not comfortable there

Photobucket
Do not be deceived by the beauty of it all

Seriously, if MSK is still out there somewhere in the forest. I have to give it to him. Over 3 months and he's still surviving out there? I couldn't even take it after 4 days! I would have given up long time ago if I were him! I say give that man a ranger badge for him to display on his torn and tattered tee shirt! He deserves one!

After being away from civilisation for so long, you return back sticky, thirsty, hungry and all. Everything ranging from a can of Pepsi to a ball of M&M chocolate can taste so good and mean so much. I remember the day when I had the privilege to return back to my company line in between my BMT 7 days field camp. I was offered a can of Pepsi Cola by a chao keng platoon mate who had been excused from field camp. The moment the chilled cola entered my mouth, I closed my eyes and allowed my mind to enter 7th Heaven. It tasted like heaven's dew. The feeling? Oh so heavenly. This is precisely where the chinese phrase Shen Zhai Fu Zhong Bu Zhi Fu came from. When I'm outfield, I long for my bunk. When I'm in camp, I long for my home. When I'm at home, I long for a nice resort. I can never be satisfied lol.

Ended the week with a literally bang..actually many bangs. Was sent for a SIG Sauer P226 handgun shooting range. You won't believe how badly I suck at it. Out of the 30 bullets that I shot, I got merely around 6 on target. And I was only placed 25 metres away from the target. I wonder where the other bullets ended up. So much for being a rifle marksman. Now I won't be laughing at those lousy villians always failing to hit the hero in movies no matter how near they were and how many bullets they fired. Now I realise that there's actually some realism to that! Lol.

No comments: