Saturday, May 24, 2008

Very Random

Just how many Singaporeans out there driving the car with the very much coveted and prestigious emblem BMW really know what those 3 letters stand for? Well I would think less than 1%. We don't bother we don't care. A symbol of success and relative wealth, the badge speaks for itself. And there's always the nickname "Beemer" that many of us address it by. For one, I myself don't know what the acronym BMW stands for till Godlike Wikipedia came to the rescue. It actually stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, and how the hell do you pronounce that lol. It also stands for Bavarian Motor Works in English, now that' much easier to remember.

Photobucket

Now why am I blogging about this? Why so random? I was actually driving along Lornie Road today and was brainstorming on what cool names I can name my future company lol. And I was thinking how cool it'll be if I can coolly acronymed it such that many people can easily remember and think of my brand. I won't reveal what I thought of, its commercial secret. Give me 3-4 years and you'll see it haha.

Feeling very random once again, I was driving down Upper Thomson Road the other day when a flash on the overhead bridge caught me by surprise. It was careless of me because I tend to look up almost everytime I approach an oncoming overhead bridge but unfortunately I failed to notice this one. Just how sneaky can they be? Ambushing motorists all the time and keeping them on their toes all the time. You might realise how dangerous it can be for it'll take away some attention from the road! Well, you might argue we shouldn't have sped in the first place. But frankly speaking, who sticks to the 50km/h or 60km/h speed limit every time we drive? Just ask those that runs our country and those that patrols the roads, more often than not, they're the one guilty themselves.

I really hope this post won't get me into any trouble. I feel for the 24 years old blogger Sexy Fragrance Prince (He has to be gay to title his blog that) that got arrested for something he posted recently. How ridiculous can it be, being put behind bars just because of something you blogged? Those netizens that complained him seriously have nothing else better to do lol. Although the papers didn't go into details on how malicious his comments were, but what can seriously be that bad for that kind of castigation? I myself defintely will not be liable to violence or hatred towards another race just because of what someone said on his/her blog? Enough said, I really don't want to get into trouble myself...stay away whoever you are from whatever blogging responsibilities association! Lol.

I nearly knocked someone down today haha. I was reversing out from an ESSO petrol kiosk after withdrawing money from the ATM. I looked back and saw no car or nobody. But then i heard my reverse censor beeping lousy. In the blink of an eye, a woman turned up in front of my car holding 1 hand on her chest and giving me an astonished face. Imagine that. I waved indicating an apology but I couldn't help but laugh after that. It was hilarious. LOL.

No comments: