Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Buzzing Cashier

Class was cancelled today because the lecturer called in sick! Just as well, for I badly needed this weekday evening to bum around at home and recuperate. Work isn't exactly as slack and easy as I seem to make it look like.

I seem to be blogging quite a lot about TV programmes nowadays but I can't help it. I have to comment on this one. I was watching Buzzing Cashier just now, more familiar to most of you as Qiang Tang Da Xing Dong. It was the last episode. It was a good end to quite a marvellous show. This show literally saved the business and changed the lifes of almost all that featured on it. And the last episode saw the different chefs going around these stores tasting and certifying that they've maintained their standards since their episode. It was nice seeing many of these humble and adorable stall owners rightly showing gratitude to their own teacher chefs. I was genuinely touched when I saw how happy they were when they were certified by the chefs for their good work. These stores deserve a be visited by me lol, I shall make it a point to visit all of them one day.

Photobucket

Went out for lunch with my family on Sunday and we decided to try out the rather fanciful and pinkish looking Miss Clarity Cafe. According to sis, their Twin Divine cake is deemed a must try by some food blogger. And yup of course we ordered it!

Photobucket
Here's Miss Clarity

Photobucket
Whoever she might be

Photobucket
A very very big Foie Gras as a starter

Photobucket
My soft-shell crab fantasy..which was not exactly awesome

Photobucket
Sis's garlic crusted dory

Photobucket
Ling's Tom Yam Seafood

Photobucket
Yup the Twin Divine cake, which i must admit should be the best thing there

Don't visit the place for the food. Be there for the cakes and colourful surroundings, for you to bring your kids there of course.

No comments: