Sunday, May 04, 2008

Meiwen's birthday

Labour Day presented me and many of my other colleagues a nice long weekend that we all deserved. Did practically nothing on the public holiday other than rotting at home.

Fri was cohesion day and my platoon had a nice japanese buffet lunch at Hanabi, the Katong Mall outlet. Had a short walk around boring Kallang Leisure Park after lunch before heading home for a short nap. I then made the effort to wake up early enough for a short jog around my estate before washing up and getting ready for Meiwen's birthday gathering.

After apparently looking through hungrygowhere.com, the birthday girl decided on Liang's Court's SwanThai restaurant as the dinner venue. In my opinion, it turned out to be a bad decision lol. First of all, the service was rather unsatisfactory, and the so call ala carte buffet wasn't exactly a full fledge buffet. The nicest and probably the most popular dishes such as the boneless chicken wings, tom yum soup and pandan leaf chicken were one time orders, meaning that we could only order them once and each of us can only get to have 1! The waitress gave us a demurring look each other we raised our hands and wanted to make a new order. We even got a "reminder" that we've a lot of orders already in hand and we should note that in case we over-order and they do charge for food wastage. I really wonder how accurate this hungrygowhere.com's rating is. I actually think that the owners of these restaurants create many accounts themselves and give their own place good ratings and reviews. I choose not to believe the site after so many bad experiences, first Indulgz, now SwanThai...use it as a reference, then rely on word of mouth to confirm your choice!

Photobucket
I've no idea what's with the fling of the hair, but yeah this is the picture of the birthday girl and her cake..Happy Birthday!

Photobucket
The cake complete with a nice polaroid picture of Henry and Puss lol

We then decided to visit the rather new hangout place Keppel Bay after dinner. It turned out to be a rather boring and dead place, not quite the exciting and scenic place i've imagined it to be. It didn't help that it was a windless night that night and that didn't help in that rather dead and still ambience. We did however had a nice time drinking and chatting at the TCC there before heading home.

Oh if you didn't know, i flunged my IPPT last wednesday lol. After 4 attempts at the standing broad jump station, i still couldn't hit the desired mark, so i decided to fall out and not even go for the final 2.4km run. Somehow, the ankle injury I sustained more than a month back is still bothering me and so my boss encouraged me to seek TCM's help which i eventually did just today. I dropped by a rather modern looking TCM clinic at Ang Mo Kio central and instead of receiving the Tie Da treatment that I was expecting, I was given an acupuncture treatment. Yes its my virgin experience, first time in my life that I've been poked by some chinese needles. Somehow, up till now when I'm typing this post, I still haven felt any positive after-effects, I really wondered how its supposed to help.

Photobucket
I closed my eye and bit my teeth when the doctor was about to pierce me

Photobucket
But it turned out to be rather painless

Watched Manu vs West Ham at Jackie's place with Fred in the evening and we all had a good time watching a nice trashing. Just one more win away to the Premier League title which I'll be more than glad to celebrate with all my fellow Man Utd brothers next week lol. After the match, we engaged in some nostalgic activity, yeah we went to play billards and bowling..something we used to do quite a lot when we were in still in Maris Stella. It was pure coincidence that the radio was playing some retro music that night too lol. In bowling, I bowled the highest score of my life..a cool 206...coupled with 7 strikes (including a 4 bagger) and 2 spares in total..it was totally awesome how i did it and i was grinning from ear to ear throughout the ordeal haha. But it was nothing compared to the many experts who were easily and constantly striking and sparing at free will at the SAFRA Mt Faber's bowling alley.

Photobucket
Doubt you can see anything here, but i made the effort to take a picture of my amazing record score feat of mine haha

No comments: