Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunset Grill and Pub

I know I might be one of the last, but I finally caught Iron Man yesterday. True to comments given by friends, it's indeed not bad at all. I would think that it's better than Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Superman or any of the other superhero movies. How I would like to lead the life of Iron Man, with all the women, money, cars and luxury at my fingertips. He's like officially my all time favourite superhero as of now lol.

Photobucket

Got addicted recently to another movie ---> Death Note. Yeah I know what you're thinking, I know I'm slow. But I didn't expect this rather dodgy looking movie to have such an intriguing storyline. Imagine how cool it'll be if I cool just write Mas Selamat Kastari on the Deathnote, visualise his face and he'll be dead in 40 seconds, ending all need for any more ops to try and capture him hahahaha. OK i'm just kidding there. Spent half my afternoon watching part 1 and was going to part 2 only to be disppointed that neither my Xbox nor my computer was able to play the part 2 disc. Anybody has Death Note 2 DVD to lend me?

Photobucket

I finally passed my IPPT last week. But only barely..and rather luckily. I managed only a 212cm on my SBJ which is right on the passing mark. My subsequent jumps were worse than that. Actually, I would have failed again if I weren't 25 years old yet. Men age 25-30 according to our army's research belongs to another category (Cat Y) and they're supposingly slightly weaker and are expected to perform less impressively in IPPT because they're older duh... Thank goodness for that "research" I passed though. Will be giving it another shot tomorrow again to try for the $100 silver award that still eludes me.

To reward myself for finally passing last week, I went out for dinner with my family just now. Sis suggested this place call Sunset Grill and Pub just off Seletar Airfield as recommended by Her World magazine. The place is supposingly famous for their Buffalo Wings and beautiful sunset ambience. But its located in a really secluded place so don't bother visiting it if you don't have your own transport. The place was surprisingly packed considering its ulu location and we were only left with an outdoor smoking area table when we called in for reservation. Just as I was happily munching on my dinner, mosquitoes were also happily munching on my big fat legs. Found it a rather pleasant experience nevertheless, certainly a nice place to bring your next date to! Just remember to wear long pants and bring some insect repellent.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The famous sunset background as you dine

Photobucket
Yup its near Singapore Flying Club

Photobucket
Mum and Sis

Photobucket
The ever camera shy Ah Kor

Photobucket
But we got her here haha

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mum and Ah Kor had the Pan Fried Fish

Photobucket

Photobucket
My steak craving is back. And so I had the T-Bone Steak

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sis had the baby Pork Ribs

Photobucket
The buffalo wings that they're apparently famous for. But be warned, its super expensive! $17.50 for half a dozen lor!

Photobucket
They have 10 different levels indicating the different level of spiciness, level 10 being the spiciest. We settled for level 1 and its already too spicy for us haha

Photobucket
The first bite tasted weird because it was both sour and spicy. Like what Mum said...kinda TomYamish

Photobucket
I didn't really like it, I still prefer the ones at Wala Wala. I forced this smile out of me lol

Why does the long weekend have to come to an end? I haven had enough! Anyway I spent it rather sheepishly. Played some golf, snooker and lost some money in mahjong lol. And in the blink of an eye, its now gone! Sobbb

No comments: