Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My day

Went back camp early today because there was a 7km live run. Managed to come in at 35mins, i guess its acceptable for my standard, so any commandos or divers reading this don't laugh!

Then i had my signal platoon sergeant pre-course briefing today at SI. The course warrant was freaking lor-so! He said: "I deliberately came half an hour late today. I can actually finish this briefing in 20 mins." And guess what?! He took a whole long hour going on and on about nonsensical stuff! Argh i wanted so much to up and say: "Sir, enough of your grandfather stories, we young guys and girls have a life, finish up and let us leave." Hahaha...of course i didn't do it lah!

Had a wet experience today at their toilet today. I actually have this habit of flushing while peeing. And guess what? The stupid flush splashed water all over! All over my pants and clothes! Dammit! So embarassing! There are my colleagues and even girls standing outside! What will they think?! I peed in my pants?! I quickly tried to blow my pants as dry as much as i can. Luckily no one noticed! Haha.

I didn't mentioned here before, but i made 2 new resolutions this year! I want to learn the piano and pick up cantonese! Just now, i learnt a bit from my sister who did play a bit when she was young. Oh yes and there's a piano in my house which is pretty much untouched all these years. I want to make use of it! I think knowing how to play the piano can be so romantic and cool! Next time when i feel in love i can play myself some love songs, or when i'm happy i can play some happy songs and even when i'm down i can play some unhappy and angry songs. Songs learnt today: Twinkle twinkle little star and one other song that i don't know the title hahaha. Anyone wants to teach me how to play!?

And i want to learn cantonese because i fell in love with Hong Kong the last time i went there. I want to go there to work and live for a few years next time! And i guess most of you won't disagree its the nicest sounding dialect haha. Just that day, Bernerd taught me the 1 - 10 in cantonese. I think i'm a damn slow learner! Can only vaguely remember now! I need a teacher! Preferably one that can teach me both at one go! Haha.

Hey and its nice to come home today with 2 new comments on my chatbox! It brightens up my day friends. Cheers to you Kat and Xiaowen!

Here's another joke for you all!

WHY MEN LIE (If You Have Ever Wondered Why Men Lie)

One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch
of a tree above a river, his axe fell into the river.

When he cried out, the Lord appeared and
asked, "Why are you crying?" The woodcutter replied that his axe has fallen into water, and he needed the axe to make his living.

The Lord went down in the water and reappeared
with a golden axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked.
The woodcutter replied, "No." The Lord again went down
and came up with a silver axe. "Is this your axe?"
the Lord asked. Again, the woodcutter replied, "No."
The Lord went down again and came up with an
iron axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. "Yes", he
replied.

The Lord was pleased with the man's honesty and
gave him ALL three axes to keep, and the woodcutter
went home happy.

Some time later the woodcutter was walking with
his wife along the riverbank, and his wife fell into the
river. When he cried out, the Lord again appeared
and asked him, "Why are you crying?"

"Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!" The
Lord went down into the water and came up with
Angelina Jolie. "Is this your wife?" the Lord asked.
"Yes," cried the woodcutter.

The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"

The woodcutter fell to his knees and cried, "Oh,
forgive me, Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see,
if I had said 'no' to Angelina Jolie, You would have
come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Then if I also
said 'no' to her, you would have come up with my
wife.
Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all
three.

Lord, I am a poor man, and am not able to take
care of all three wives, and I love my wife such that I don't
want her to share me with anyone, so THAT'S why
I said yes to Angelina Jolie."

The moral of this story is: Whenever a man lies, it
is for a good and honorable reason, and for the benefit
of others. MOSTLY his wife!

That's our story, and we're sticking to it...

No comments: