Friday, July 14, 2006

End of a 5 years journey

By now i guess most of you would have already known that sam and i are no longer together. Well...you might ask why, after all, 5 years of relationship, definitely will sayang lah, but when it happens, nothing you do can stop it. Its actually also kind of my fault that we ended up this way. I used to be a very doting bf but I had been rather lazy in our relationship in recent times and often took her for granted. When one day i finally woke up and realised how much she mean to me, she has already left my life and it was all too late. She told me that she is unable to get back the feelings as before and things between us just wasn't the same anymore. We can't possibly return back to the way they were before.

Just yesterday, we spent one fruitful day together. I had planned the day hoping to move her one last time. In the morning, i took her to pulau ubin for a cycling trip. After all, the last time we went there 2 years ago, we had a load of fun. So i suggested going there again and she agreed. Anyway they have shifted the jetty to something much newer now, but the boats and the boatmen were still the same haha. Reached the island at around 1pm and we immediately settled for the first bicycle rental store to rent our bicycles. We cycled north and ended up in this place called mamam beach. There, we found a poor stranded baby bird who has fallen down from its nest. Lying nearby were its 2 siblings...both dead. We wanted to do something to save this poor bird but there is nothing we can do, so we just brought it to somewhere safer and hope that someone else will come along and save it haha. After that we cycled west where sam wanted to go this thai temple to pray. By the time that was done, we have already spent 2 hours in pulau ubin and it was time to go.


Waiting for the ferry



Welcome to pulau ubin!


The poor baby bird with the makeshift shelter we made it


Oh there were lots of durians there!


Our bicycles!

We went to "my country club" for a bath before we headed to tampines mall because she wanted to buy her auntie sally a birthday card. Oh and we took one last lovegety card together there, the last time we took one was 4 years ago! Hehe.

After that we continued with our original plan to go kallang for dinner. Before that i presented her a bouquet of lilies, a teddy bear similar to the one she bought me from Dubai and a scrap book i spent the last 3 days compiling as part of my last burst of fire to try to salvage anything. Anyway i didn't succeed because as i said, it was all too late, she has already lost all feelings for me and has given up on me. Anyway don't worry people, i'm alright, clinging on to someone who don't love me as much anymore won't do me any good anyway hehe. Anyway we went on to eat at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant. Treated her to chilli crab, garlic chicken and sambal kang kong, wasn't all too fantastic although the crab was huge. And they kept irritating me by asking me if i wanted a change of plates hahaha.


Me with the big crab pincer!


The rest of the food!

After dinner, we decided to walk together hand in hand one last time across the kallang bridge where we will officially let each other go and carry on with our own separate lives. I'm sure we will continue to be good friends and hang out with each other. I will continue to live life and seek my own happiness and so will she! So guys don't worry about feeling awkward asking both of us out together k? Hehe.


One last hug!

After Kallang we went to orchard for a karaoke session haha. This time we tried party world ktv instead of the usual K-Box that we used to go to. Well..Party World was special in the sense that they served bubble tea and fruits haha. Other than that everything else was inferior to K-Box i guess.

That was the end of a very special day for me. Anyway Darby i want to thank you for the joy you've brought me the last 5 years. Life from now onwards without you will be very different but i will carry on with it optimistically nevertheless. Thank you for everything you've done for me all these years. Its going to be hard for me to give this all up but i have to do it or else you will have to go through future roller coaster rides again and never be happy. I will not harbour hopes of us being together anymore. May we continue to remain as very good friends and not lose contact for the rest of our lives. Do take care! Should you encounter any problems or ever need someone to talk to i will still always be there! Cheers!

The 5 years i was with Sam, i sort of drifted apart from many of my other friends especially those from church. So just now, i contacted Senior and met up with him. His name is also Nicholas Lim which is why i call him Senior and he calls me Junior. People in Christ The King calls me Junior too because there are just too many Nicholases around! Anyway we went for dinner at Chomp Chomp before heading for a bar nearbly called Happy Daze for a drink. Had a pint of Hoegardens and i must say its huge! I couldn't finish it and Senior had to help me with half of it haha. After that, Puss and Daryl Song joined us too. We went to this prata place at serangoon and chatted our night away. Its really nice meeting up with these people after such a long time. I'll try to be more active in church now that i have the time. Will seriously want to catch up with these old friends of mine!

No comments: