Sunday, August 20, 2006

Real Run 2006

I woke up late for the run today. Luckily Weijian called me in the morning. I was supposed to meet him at 6.45am but when he called at 6.55am i was still in bed. I was flabbergasted, my phone alarm failed me for the first time! I rushed and left home in 5 mins. Fortunately, i managed to reach in time before the flag off. But stupid pussy didn't make it. We tried to call him but he didn't pick up. By the time he called back i was already queuing up to drive into sentosa. So he paid $25 and missed the run haha. But it didn't all go to waste, at least we collected his goodie bag for him.



Anyway, this 10km run proved to be an ego denting run for me. I came in at 66 mins after loads and loads of people, including many women and old men haha, now i know where i stand in terms of physical fitness even though i've been running a lot haha. The sand portion was the killer part. Its damn tiring running on sand, i ankles were twisting left and right with every step i take lol. Haha but actually i have never been good in running anyway, ever since i was borned. I've never attained a NAPFA gold before in my life, not even in primary school lol. And guess what?! I have to run 21km next Sunday! Sob!

After the run, Puss came and joined us to tan. I'm lobster red now, it hurts a bit, but i don't think i'll peel, thankfully. I'll be away for my PS course again next week. Won't have the time to come home everyday now. I'll miss home.

No comments: