Friday, August 11, 2006

Life is unpredictable

Yes i'm done with the demoralising guard duty on national day and i'm currently enjoying my well deserved off day. On my way home yesterday, i drove past a dead body. I believe it is a motorbike accident. I'm glad the TP had arrived before me and had already covered the body with a white cloth or else i'll be having nightmares for the rest of my life. This is just how fragile a life is, so please treasure all those around you, do things that you want to do immediately, don't wait and live to regret it, you won't know which day it would be for your turn to go inside a coffin.

Just this morning, i read the papers and i realised that a full Colonel that i've seen before had passed away in March from a sudden heart attack while running a Biathlon! And i didn't know until now! I've attended a talk given by him before and i remember that i was admiring his white Volvo S40. It came as a real shock really, it really shows how unpredictable life can be. I've decided on act on my resolutions and not delay anymore. Tomorrow i shall make a trip down to SIM and register for my degree!

Did anyone of you watch the NDP parade this year? Especially those from CTK church, did you notice Moarie, Arthur, Gregory and Daryl on TV? Also, the parade RSM is my formation RSM and the parade commander was my unit's former B2. Its amazing how many familiar faces the camera caught that day.

No comments: