Sunday, April 27, 2008

Manchester United the greatest club in the world lol

Even soccer can be nostalgic, what am i talking about? Of course soccer can be nostalgic.

Anyway, I was watching Football Channel this evening and they were broadcasting the Champions League Final between Manchester United and Bayern Munich back in 26th May 1999. Although i already know the final result, i stayed tune throughout the whole broadcast, got excited every time Manu had a chance and panicked every time Bayern attacked. That's the joy soccer brings me and many other guys...the girls just don't get it.

Photobucket

It was a glorious year for Manchester United because they achieved the Treble that year, the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League trophies. My heart melted and my grin was from ear to ear when i witness again how they dramatically beat Bayern Munich at the last minute.

Photobucket

Anyway, my love affair for Manchester United began back in the year 1994..when i was still studying in Primary 5. I can't remember when exactly and where though, but i watched on TV how Manu demolished Manchester City 4-0. It was really old school then with the squad still containing players like

Photobucket
Peter Schmeichel

Photobucket
Denis Irwin

Photobucket
Steve Bruce

Photobucket
Gary Pallister

Photobucket
Paul Parker

Photobucket
Ryan Giggs. Yeah he's still playing for Manu now..although not quite at the same level. I still remember watching his soccer school programme on tv. Loved it

Photobucket
Paul Ince

Photobucket
Roy Keane

Photobucket
Andrei Kanchelskis

Photobucket
Brian McClair

Photobucket
Mark Hughes

Photobucket
The Great Eric Cantona

Yeah i can remember practically all of them..I love Manchester United. I can only enjoy soccer by watching Manchester United games.

Its a pity they lost to chelsea 2-1 today...it makes me feel sad. The girls still won't get it. Glory Glory Man Utd lol.

Photobucket

No comments: