Saturday, July 17, 2004

OT with King Arthur

I worked till 8pm today...you cannot imagine the tiredness and reluctance i felt after it's past knock off time. Although its $10.50 an hour for OT...but still...
 
Anyway for the first time, my boss delegated work to me personally. She had me copy customers' profiles from Microsoft words to Microsoft Excel...Its one of the most tiring things i ever did during my time there. Although there were only 40 customers, i took nearly 2 hours to complete it. And my pinky is numb and pain from holding on to the "Ctrl" button everytime i need to copy and paste.
 
After work i went to meet Sam and the first thing is told me: "Why act hardworking for what?" As if i deliberately wanted to work OT...i dread it too. Anyway we caught the movie King Arthur. Its not a bad show..pretty much like Troy, LOTR and many other battle movies..its the "in" type of movie now anyway.   
 
I felt that the director and scriptwriter failed to justify why King Arthur and his knights had to stay back and fight when they can just retreat. They tried hard to portray him as a hero but where were the so called villagers they were trying to protect? Why didn't everyone just retreat together with the Roman army? Haha i find it pretty hard to comprehend...but then again its just a show..i shouldn't think so much. Oh the show also taught me that conscription used to be 15 years during those times...i'm so glad its only 2 years for me...if it was still 15 years..i wouldn't want to imagine what will happen to me after that. 
 
I love Fridays...the feeling is so good...


No comments: