Sunday, July 11, 2004

A day of adventure, exhaustion, darkness and brush with singapore customs

Went JB again today with Sam, Puss, Bernerd and his friend. We headed for Holiday plaza as usual first and walked around. Sam bought a pair of slippers and a pair of earrings..and we all bought DVD movies to watch. I bought Michael Jackson and Kenny G's concert haha.

After walking we went back to food street for our dinner. Our orders were nearly the same as the last time...claypot rice, stingray, sotong and char kway tiao.

After dinner, we walked around City Square before deciding to go home. This turned out to be one of the most embarassing, scary and fucked up return back to Singapore. The custom police opened Bernerd's car boot and found 2 boxes of chewing gums. They then searched our bags and found pussy's DVDs, Bernerd's friends cigarettes and the rest of our chewing gums. Sam hid our DVDs so they weren't discovered haha.

They found one of pussy's DVDs suspiciously R-rated so they had him break the disc and throw it away. They gave chance and returned the rest of them to him. But they took the chewing gums and referred us to the customs, Pussy went in for a long time (read his blog for his experience) and we waited there by the car as if we were criminals for like half an hour.

It was a terrifying experience..i have now encountered the normal polices and custom polices in my life now...whats next? Not the traffic police please....

This isn't the end. I had Bernerd sent us back to the Turf club where i parked my bike. The gate was closed so we alighted at the gate and walked in. The whole place was quiet..not a soul..not even a horse. We had a shock when we saw the carpark. It was pitch black...there wasn't even an "EXIT" light lit inside. I'm so glad for the small torch on my Nokia 5100..it proved its usefulness yet again..although not by much. I'm so glad i had Sam there with me...haha ok i admit...i would have been quite freaked out going in the carpark alone..ghosts one thing...dogs another haha. We walked cautiously in close to each other and guess what...we walked past my bike without even realising it. We had walked quite a distance in front before turning back and seeing a silhouette of my bike. You can imagine my relief when i see my bike...for awhile i was so afraid i'll be the next victim of another bike theft. I also let out another sign of relief when i turn on the bike and the headlights came on...what an experience...fun it is..scary it is..cool it is...

No comments: