Sunday, May 09, 2004

Eventful day

The day started with me and sam sitting for the SAT test...the maths sections of the test were easy...but the same cannot be said for the english sections..there were many vocabs that i didn't know and many hidden meanings behind sentences i didn't understand. I didn't study much for the test but might as well...it didn't need much studying. I'm hoping to do well enough for SMU to consider me.

After that i went to work. I got a temp job working at the Hi fly balloon carnival. I reported early but ended up waiting at the wrong grandstand...but i managed to find the people at last and the first task i was assigned for the day? Sell balloons. I partnered this NTU guy that i didn't know and we managed to sell around 19 balloons ($2 each mind you..for charity though) in around half an hour...not a bad achievement at all...

After that we were told to report to the other tent where they were holding the giant balloons. When we reported there, they told us they only needed one person..so i volunteered...and i'm glad i did. I didn't had to sell balloons again that day and instead i was holding the giant durian balloon with my other classmate zhikai. It was quite an experience parading in front of so many people and walking from the promenade all the way to the merlion park. We felt like we were the centre of attraction with so many people taking our photos (ok..more of the durian balloon rather) and looking at us.

Later that night when i met sam only then i know that i appeared on TV! The news featured my durian balloon and only a few other balloons on the boats..what privilege! Haha but sam said i looked so small on tv beside zhikai...and did i mention this girl helping out at the carnival said i look like a malay? Hmm...

After that the few of us gathered and had dinner together. They chose O'Brien Irish Sandwich Bar (it's ex) but shengxian, zhikai and me opted for Crepes and Cream instead. Met sam at night for a movie...we chose blood brothers in favour of Van Helsing.



Its an ok movie i would say it's not worth the weekend charges of $8.50..watch it on a weekday..

Oh i forgot to mention..i got BBBCC for my final sem..lousy results...what to do...slutty teachers

No comments: