Sunday, March 06, 2005

I love my weekends

It has been a fruitful long weekend for me. I believe i didn't mentioned, i've gotten my posting. I was told to report to Sispec again last monday because i'm without posting..so i'm officially still a sispec person. All i had to do that whole day was find an empty bunk and sleep alone..how boring. But in the late afternoon i was told i've gotten my posting..expectingly..Signals Institute (SI) lah..what else. So i packed my bag and went home.

I reported to SI the next day with all my barang barang and i found out that the other trainees will only report on wednesday. I put my bags in their admin office and sat there for half a day. Fortunately it was half day for all of them that day for dunno what reason and i was released at around 12.30pm..you can imagine my boredom the whole day sitting in the office doing nothing but smsing and reading newspaper *yawn*. Went home and then met Sam after that. We watched Constantine..ok i know..you've all watched it. Quite an alright show with lots of special effects..i believe the heaven and hell thing in the show will persuade a few out there to go to church this weekend haha.

Was supposed to report at 7.30am the next day but i woke up at 7am. Can you believe it? Of course i rushed like shit..had to time to shower or what..changed to my smart four and off i went. On my way there, there were 3 accidents all the way..the expressway was jammed like shit...and i mean like shit. I was obviously late but fortunately i wasn't given any extra duty..not even a reprimanding haha. There are 3 courses in SI namely InfoCom1, InfoCom2 and InfoSys. InfoCom1 focuses mainly on those signal related stuff on vehicles, InfoCom2 focuses on cheongsuahing..soldiers carrying signal sets and Cheongsuahing lor haha. InfoSys is mainly an office based thing..computer problem solving in offices and that's where i'm posted wahaha. No more SOC, no more outfield no more shit. My training program feels so much like poly..SQL, bluetooth, oracle blah blah...and mentioning about poly..this course even requires that i go to Singapore poly for lessons..a good 3 weeks if i'm not wrong haha..back to poly life!

The first day was orientation..a few fast lessons and a short jog around the camp. There's another regular in my bunk my platoon my course. My course commander is a female haha...shepherdson..oh no is this how its spelt..haha i dunno. You might wonder why a woman is doing in the army...but i can tell you she's quite suited here..she's fierce and assertive..just like any disciplinary mistress..scary. I hardly know anyone in my platoon so far. There's this other regular (his name is O..real name!) thats in my bunk and the both of us are always aimed to do extra work..and why? Because we're regulars haha. The amazing thing is...he lives in ang mo kio blk 178! And where do i live? Blk 179! Haha what a freaking small world right? Enough about my army life..let's talk about my weekend shall we?

Well i booked in on wednesday and i booked out on thursday evening haha. That's because its SI's 2nd anniversary the next day and they have an ongoing event in Jurong Water Park. So we all reported there the next day just to play some stupid lame game..they even hired 2 bikini babes to conduct warm-up for us...oh...SAF...haha. It ended in the afternoon and i went home. Slacked around at home and then went to Sam's house to slack somemore haha. Was playing mahjong with her dad and brother when she was activated for flight...a hanoi turnaround the next morning. I slept over at her place and when i woke up..nobody was around except for her maid and grandma haha. I asked the cheap weijian out and luckily he's awake..we met up and went Clementi for breakfast. After that we took a tour around NUS (his future school) for awhile before we got lost. There's this very curvy road near NUS leading to pasir panjang road..if you all didn't know..i was told its singapore's curviest road..haha you all should drive there one day..its fun. While riding along that road..we found a road leading to Pasir Panjang Battle Site...its uphill and the scenery there is pretty awesome..there's a clear view of the sea and the surrounding is peaceful and serene. Shall visit there again one day!

We decided to go to Jurong Point for our movie after that..we watched Hitch. Yeah i know..you've all watched it too....its nice. Actually i've watched so many movies the past days i didn't blog about..there's Assault on Precinct 13 and Team America World Police. They're both pretty good shows..especially Team America...its damn funny..the movie seemed hard to make with the puppets and all..its from the same creator as Southpark..so if you watch Southpark..you might find some of the voices familiar..there's Mr Garrison's voice..and cartman's too haha. Booking in tonight at 2200...my weekend's ending..but going out to celebrate my birthday later! 22 this year...no more feeling haha...but i'm sure i'll have fun! Cheers!

No comments: