Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I don't make sense

Met up with my poly mates to attend this retro night thingy held at Temasek poly for the alumnis last friday. My former care teacher Ms Pearl Teng was nice enough to help buy tickets for us after i managed to get most of those from my clique to join me. The night turned out to be alright..we paid $5 and we not only got to meet people, hear some old music, reminisce but even managed to enjoy a small buffet and even some night souvenirs and coupons.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We all didn't dress retro

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I won a prize with my teacher's ticket! She gave it to me because she left early haha

The girls got bored after awhile and convinced us to leave. We soon made our way to this pub at East Coast call BFD i think. Its just beside 7-Elevens and MacDonalds. There's a live band there and although we didn't really watch them perform, we did listen and they sound bad.

On Saturday, i had dinner with my mum and sister at this restaurant called the Humble House at Esplanade. And i can tell you they definitely not humble. Although their food is unique, they are all freaking ex! Whats more the servings are small..i don't know what came over us but we ordered this sharks fins soup that cost $58 for just a small claypot of it. The whole bill came out to be around $197..incredible but true. Don't go there unless you feel rich. To think that day some couple was holding their wedding dinner there..i wonder how much it cost..but i'm sure the food is good..good choice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
KA!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The ambience

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chawanmushi that cost $18

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some soup in a coconut

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The empty bowl of sharks fin soup

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yummy sharks fin soup..animal activists don't come for me! I love sharks fin!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some $24 Codfish

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The dish i didn't touch..some $22 asparagus

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yummy pork ribs

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They have this really big chair just outside their restaurant

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sis and i on it

After dinner, Weijian jioed me for his faculty's bash held at St James Power Station and so i went. It was my second time there only that time time i went to Dragonfly too! Haha..famouse for their cantopop music and ah lians, unfortunately, i didn't get to see any of these that night. When i got in, this guy was performing and he can sing pretty well too. He even had the company of a few sexy dancers behind. After the singers decided they needed some rest, the music came on and it was pretty good! It wasn't cantopop like what i expected..they played r&b and some other happy dancing tunes..it was good! Too bad they weren't any babes in sight to have fun with..so we didn't stay long haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I managed to take some acrobatic performance at Power House

Woke up on Sunday morning to learn that it was raining and the soccer match we planned had to be cancelled...yawn... Then horsey called and asked if i wanted to have lunch at Old Airport Road. After lunch, we went to Sim Lim Square because i wanted to buy a TV tuner card for my computer so that i can watch tv on my computer and more importantly record the shows that i will miss! Managed to get a good one at $150 but it was only after 2 days before Puss helped me to get it to work just today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Tv card

After Sim Lim, Horse went back and Puss and I decided to watch a movie at Tampines Mall. This time we watched Night at the Museum. Eh..nothing much to talk about it...quite funny. Haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Puss and Zhenming came all the way to Ang Mo Kio Block 608 which is just opposite my place today..all because they wanted to try the Botak Jones Western food at the coffeeshop there. Apparently, they are pretty famous with branches at Clementi and even Tuas! You might have to wait for around 15-30 mins for your food after ordering..they are that popular...my mum and aunt will dapao that for me sometimes leh haha.

Seriously, i don't think i'm making sense today..and i think i've some broken sentences and english here and there. I don't have the mood to read back and edit..i think i'm going to fall sick soon..and i have ulcers and rashes..what a period!

No comments: