Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Summary of a week of events

I haven updated my blog for a week now. Not that i did nothing the whole week, but because i'm waiting for kheng hong's photos so i can upload them here and also partly because i'm lazy. Anyway he has finally posted his photos so here are some of them!

Anyway last monday, i met up with my poly friends at One Rochester to celebrate Sham's 22nd birthday. Its my second time there this year but we tried another restaurant this time, not the Bistro Bar i went to with my Mum and sis the other time. Its North Borders that we dine in this time. I had Hoegardens and some surf and turf steak and i can't really remember what the others ordered. But i can never forget Henry Chia's order. He ordered the Sucidal Pasta! I didn't add the exclaimation mark on my own..its part of the dish's name. The waiter had warned him beforehand that the dish is super hot but he went ahead and ordered it anyway. When the dish came, everyone thought nothing of it and continued eating. Till Henry got Darien and Sam to try his pasta. Darien started complaining like mad and Sam started tearing and complaining too. I thought nothing of it at first..i mean how hot can something get..just drink more water and it'll be ok. I then took around 4 strands of pasta. I swear it was the worst food i've ever tasted in my life. The after taste of the pasta was piercing hot and bitter! You won't believe it but i drank 3 full glasses of water immediately and the taste still won't go off. I think it stayed for around 20-30 mins before it finally got better. Can you imagine anyone eating the whole damn plate of pasta? I think even the toughest indian from the northest of india won't be able to take that kind of HOT lah haha...my goodness. And Xiaowen don't even think this is a food recommendation from me haha.


B-boy with his Cake (Put his face here, wait he complain his face cut off by me haha)


Me and my class rep Valencia


Me with one half of a pair Meiwen


The men and the b-boy


The worst dish ever created. Suicidal Pasta!

After dinner, they wanted to visit Settler's cafe at holland village to play some boardgames but we realised that it has closed down when we got there. I've no idea why all these boardgame cafes close down so rapidly...its kinda find being there actually. Anyway, we decided to patronise Gelare instead. They had waffles, ice cream, tea etc but i didn't order anything because i had drunk too much water at dinner haha. Anyway, Valen got Sham a mud nike sweater for this birthday, it should come in handy in his cold office or when he attend his lectures next time. Happy birthday again.

On Friday, i didn't have to go to camp because it was my unit's anniversary and they celebrated it by having a bowling outing at Safra Mt Faber. Each person got to bowl 3 games each, the first being the warm up round and the second and third games were competitive. I was grouped together with 2 other guy and 1 sissy that don't really know how to bowl...actually i don't really know how to bowl myself although i will zhao school during secondary school to bowl last time. But to my surprise, all of us managed to bowl above our expections that day..i even managed to score more than 100 for each of the 3 games..i was pretty proud of myself. To my disappointment, we managed only 4th place and there's only prizes for the top 3 teams! TMD!


They have a really nice bowling alley


A sissy in my team


I missed out on these


Happy Anniversary!

Studied during on Saturday at Puss's school again. Met him in his school but couldn't contact him when i got there. Guess what..he fell asleep while studying..why am we not surprised haha. Anyway, didn't really get to absorb much that day, i guess i wasn't on form lah. We then decided we want to eat dinner at a coffeeshop a turn just before Singapore Powers at Orchard. This coffeeshop is just opposite Lee Wei Song's Music School and its a place Weijian recommended me a few years ago where we had some Beef Ball Noodles. When we got there, to my disappointment, the store is no longer there. We then walked down and settled for Chicken Rice at a store called Chicken Rice Ex-Press. Its quite alright..nice juicy chicken and fragrant garlic rice.


Unoriginal name


My meal that evening

After dinner, we decided to watch movie and i forced Puss to watch Rob-B-Hood. I've no idea why he detest Jackie Chan's movies so much...i think they were all pretty entertaining, action packed and sometimes funny. This movie was no exception. They even managed to get a damn cute baby to star in it. The baby was seriously super cute, it makes you want to have one yourself haha. Anyway i'll recommend the show, don't know about Pussy though..i think he's just biased haha.



On Sunday, i went to Zhuoxiang's house to play mahjong. I'm glad i won haha. After mahjong, we went to Newton Circles for dinner. They recently reopened after renovation and to tell you the truth, the place still looks the same to me, i've no idea why they wasted all those money..why not stuff it in my pocket.

I have 2 really old family photos that i put on my desk and i took a picture of it recently thinking of sharing it with you guys. You can actually see how i look like last time with my center parting hair and cutesy face haha. Its nice to reminisce sometimes you know, it can bring back memories that make you smile.


Look how much i've changed


Look how much my nieces and nephew have grown!

Have you any idea what a group of turtles is called? A vale..a vale of turtles. And have you any idea what a group of unicorns is called? A blessing...a blessing of unicorns..how cool is that? I learnt them from Glenn and the flying dutchman haha.

Oh something else informative..you guys don't only have Mustafa shopping center to turn to now when you're bored at night and feel like shopping, there's also Downtown East Pasir Ris! They are opening 24 hours too..now we've somewhere else to go in the east, the central, something in the south opening soon..now we just need something in the north and west!

No comments: