Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A visit to world trade center

One night last week, i woke up in the middle of night abruptly feeling uncomfortable. I began to scratch the sole of my foot non-stop..then i realised what caused it! One bloody mosquito has bitten me! And of all place on the sole of my foot! I'm sure many of you has been through this..its so unbearable i had to sit up and scratch for 15mins or so before i managed to get back to sleep again. Fortunately when i woke up the next morning, the itch is gone and everything was back to normal haha.

My mum went to Japan for holiday last Wednesday and i fetched her to the airport. Before that, we went for dinner at East Coast Park's hawker center. We ate the usual BBQ stuff like stingray and sotong lol. She will be coming back later tonight so i'm actually rushing through this before leaving home to go fetch her again lol. Here are some photos!


Happy family 1


Happy family 2


Happy family 3


Happy family 4..i didn't crop them away..it was a misshot lol


Me and my nephew at the airport!


Another picture of Mr Cutie!

I spent the most of last weekend studying..for those that don't know..my exam is coming up this coming saturday! Yes on a public holiday Deepavali! Fortunately its not an important day to me. I'm just crossing my fingers they won't put the next exam on Christmas day! I'll seriously kill them.

After studying with Weijian and Puss on saturday at NUS, we decided we wanted to visit the new Vivo City. When we got there, we realised that we weren't the only one with that same idea. The place was packed! There was a long queue of cars waiting to enter the carpark. And when i finally managed to drive in, i couldn't find a parking lot and thats when i decided to give up and come another day. But i must say the place looks quite nice...there's a good feeling about the place..i'll go there again after my exams..only this time i'll take the NEL!

We then went to our usual hangout place Orchard. We managed to get tickets to World Trade Center at Lido...the cinema where there's always seats waiting for you no matter how last minute your decision is. Before the show, we went for dinner at Wisma's Ichiban. Really had my fill there, but they cheated me of $2 and i don't want to mention more about it. Ok, about the movie. Well..its alright..don't really like it though..its quite draggy. But i could really imagine myself in there position. You know the phobia of being confined in a really small space...i actually have that phobia. I've had nightmares of myself being stuck in a small space and i got really scared. I cannot imagine them being stuck there for such a long time..i would have gone mad. Admirable they might be, but i must say they are no true heroes. Like what Puss said, the spirit of wanting to go in and help them is commendable...but they really didn't do anything nor help anyone before the tower collasped..instead others had to help them...ironic but true haha. I want to watch the departed next!




Eating something green at Ichiban


Bernerd is enjoying his cha siew bao


Act cute? Not really...i'm a natural


Pussy and the new slippers we got him!

I spoke to Vernetta Lopez on the phone yesterday. She only said this one sentence to me: "You're the 8th caller, please try again thank you." Damn! If you've been listening to radio, you will know what i'm talking about. I was calling in for the Subaru WRX challenge. You have to be either the 5th or 9th caller to qualify. I was just one caller too early! Argh. I've been trying for weeks but the phone just won't ring for me. When i finally managed to call through it turned out to be a waste of time and money lol. Just today i managed to call through again but i was the 2nd caller! This is the last week i can qualify for it..i won't give up!

No comments: