Saturday, September 09, 2006

Start of school

I'm finally back to school! I've never been happier. All my life, throughout primary, secondary, junior college and polytechnic education days..i've always been in that playful mode and never really putting in real efforts for my studies. I'm always trying to find ways to skip lectures and tutorials and copy homeworks from my friends. Right now, after going through army and working life, i realised that being in school is actually such a luxury! Actually, scoring well for my O levels harmed me rather than helped me. After doing so well for my Os, i went in JC complacent and thought last minute studying could get me through lol. Obviously, after flunking my promos, i went to poly slightly more determined than before. And i managed to do well for the 1st year haha. And i don't know what happened next...i sort of screwed up the next few semesters haha. Right now, i'm back to "driven" mode and i hope to do well for this course!

Before my lecture yesterday, i met Ah Teck for dinner there. He brought me to their canteen and i must say i'm really impressed! The place is really cool! It is Marches cum Ikea concept combine! And the food is good and cheap! I had a chicken chop for only $3.90 and it even came with their soup of the day! From yesterday, i'll be having lectures everyday straight for 7 days! I had a lecture today from 1.30pm to 5.30pm and will be having another one tomorrow from 10am - 5.00pm! I really have no time to enjoy my weekends now! Haha no lah..only for this week. My other weekends are free..i hope i don't have to study through my weekends too..i'm not a mugger haha. Anyway my lecturer is Italian, but she lives in Manchester, i can hardly understand her lectures. I really want to put in effort to listen but somehow i can't make sense of what she's saying half the time. And i think i'm a person that suffers from concentration lapse, i can't concentrate on something for too long, i tend to dream after awhile haha.

Anyway, i met Puss after my class today because we had to buy sam's birthday present. But before that we went for dinner at Project Shop Cafe at Harding Road just off Ministry of Foreign Affairs and opposite Botanical Gardens. I ordered their Steak Sandwich and i was shocked when it came. Its twice the size of a Carls Jr Burger haha. I had such a hard time chewing and eating it.


Project Shop!


I was there


My gigantic sandwich


Quite nice ambience


Photo whores!

After dinner we went straight to town to get our presents and went home. I played mahjong last night and got home only at 6am. Then i had to wake up at 9.30am this morning because of some stupid army annual general meeting at Chevrons where i'm forced to attend. Then they made me stay for some lucky draw before i could go, causing me to not have enough time to eat lunch before my lecture..tmd. So i am going to sleep early today..need to catch up on some sleep! Have a morning lecture tomorrow! Actually...10am don't seem so early anymore after going through army.....

No comments: