Sunday, August 31, 2008

Army Daze

I watched Army Daze on Art Central last Sunday and really enjoyed it thoroughly. I was laughing all the way throughout the show on my bed. Its actually the first time that I'm watching the classic show ever since I joined the army. Most of you don't know this. As a kid, I used to dread the fact that I would have to join the army one day. I watched army dramas, one Jacky Wu starred in in particular, and would cry whenever I imagine myself in their shoes. I didn't want to go through the mental suffering of the abuse and hurling by their sergeants, and also the physical torture of running SOC. Who would have guessed that I actually chose to sign on with the army 20 years down the road? Ironic I know, another example of how life can be so unpredictable lol.

Photobucket

Had a company cohesion on Friday at Changi Haven. There's nothing special to mention about, except that it was a good break from the hard work I've been forced to put in the past 2-3 weeks. We played ban luck, kicked some rubber ball, bbqed and ate some cake. Oh one of my colleague's uncle owns my dream car a red Alfa Romeo Spider and I actually got the chance to test drive it! I love it.

Photobucket
This month and next month's birthday boys

Photobucket
I'll make it mine one day

The weekend was uneventful, my body still aches after the 21km I ran last week. In fact, I spent much of the weekend sleeping and playing mj lol. Went for dinner with mum just now at this restaurant call the Japanese Dining Bar at Crown Centre off Bukit Timah Road. We wanted to eat at Hanabi at first but was told that they were fully booked. And so we conveniently walked across the road and chanced upon this other Japanese restaurant. We made the mistake of ordering the Wagyu beef and black pork shabu shabu Hot Pot buffet. We got so gelut of the meat that we literally got sick of eating. The waygu beef dipped in their peanut sauce tastes good though. But you'll be better off ordering the ala carte version if you ever go there, its much cheaper and you don't have to force yourself to eat more to make your money worth lol.

Photobucket
They served the seaweed appetiser similar to the one at Wasabi Tei

Photobucket
Our hot pot

Photobucket
The Wagyu beef, looks good doesn't it

Photobucket
And the black pork

Photobucket
Some mushrooms and veg

Photobucket
Cooking them

Photobucket
The menu that tempted me to order that

No comments: