Friday, August 01, 2008

I'm first!

Ever since I swapped the Disney / Cartoon Network group for the Education group on my cable TV, I've been glued, glued to the History Channel. If you don't already know it, I'm letting you know right now, I'm a history buff!

During my lower secondary school days, I would already pick up my sis's modern history textbook and start reading. I especially love to read about wars!

Recently watched the documentary on Dracula. Do you know that although Dracula is a work of fiction, the character is very much inspired by this Romanian King call Vlad III? Vlad the Impaler reigned during the 1400s and is known for the exceedingly cruel punishments he imposed during his reign. Impalement was Vlad's preferred method of torture and execution.

His method of torture was a horse attached to each of the victim's legs as a sharpened stake was gradually forced into the body. The end of the stake was usually oiled, and care was taken that the stake not be too sharp; else the victim might die too rapidly from shock. Normally the stake was inserted into the body through the anus and was often forced through the body until it emerged from the mouth. However, there were many instances where victims were impaled through other bodily orifices or through the abdomen or chest. Infants were sometimes impaled on the stake forced through their mother's chests. The records indicate that victims were sometimes impaled so that they hung upside down on the stake. As expected, death by impalement was slow and painful. Victims sometimes endured for hours or days. And this guy got his reputation when he once feasted amongst a forest of stakes and their grisly burdens outside Braşov, while a nearby executioner cuts apart other victims. Intriguing isn't it? Subscribe to the History Channel now! Starhub odd to pay me.

Photobucket
Vlad III

Photobucket
Vlad III feasting during Impalement

Then there's this documentary on Fibel Castro, the former dictator of Cuba. A dictator that actually outlived and outreigned 9 American Presidents even though all of them wanted him dead! His rise to power was nothing interesting in particular but I'm impressed by how he actually managed to amass millions of supporters just by giving a speech..pretty much like Adolf Hitler.

Photobucket
Fidel Castro

I'm staying glued, there's Gengkis Khan, Qin Shihuang, Alexander, Napoleon and so much more for me to stay intrigued!

I finally got an additional rooftop over my chevrons today. Know what that means? An extra protection to prevent shit from collecting inside the chevrons! Haha I'm not keeping it secret, in fact I don't even bother, I'm still counting down! I'm a history buff, I've interest in advertising, and yet I'm with the army! Wtf wft! Lol.

Photobucket

Today, I committed one of the most common and most honest mistake in the world. I accidentally walked into a female's toilet! I had no idea what I was thinking back then, but I unknowingly pushed open the door of the female toilet in my school. Fortunately, there was a girl behind the sink when I did that, if not I might have just walked in and use the cubicle! After I saw her shocked face in the mirror, I reacted with a quick "Opps Sorry!" and quickly walked back into the correct toilet hahaha.

Caught the Mummy 3 today, its really really shit. The storyline was crap, I didn't enjoy the show one bit. Selecting Jet Li to star as Qin Shihuang was already a bad decision in the first place. Why was I so stupid as to go catch the movie? My advise to you is not to waste your money too lol.

Photobucket

Went out for dinner with Mum and Sis on Tuesday at The Bark Cafe off Changi Road beside Changi Chapel. It had a nice ambience but the same can't be said about the food there. Not worth the travel there if you're looking to pamper your taste buds.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The entrance

Photobucket
The nice surroundings

Photobucket
Photobucket
My green mussels pasta, which was plain

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Sis's crayfish hor fun..apparently what they're famous for
Mum's beef stew

Photobucket
We had some chicken wings as well

Photobucket

Photobucket

Good thing there's a nice serene surrounding to the place, which added to the dining experience

Photobucket
Mum and Sis

Photobucket

Photobucket
Just like being in a resort

No comments: