Monday, February 18, 2008

Virgin Golf Experience!

Sam opened her house to the bunch of us on friday, and what a good move it turned out to be for her! Lol. We had curry chicken and bee hoon for dinner that day and it turned out be a really expensive meal for most of us! I went there with around $67 that day in my wallet but left with only around $10 hahahaha. Yup we gambled. She was banker for the bulk of the time and it was amazing how lucky she was. She ban ban like twice, ban luck and gor leng like countless times. We would panic each time she was on 4 cards with 16 or 17 points because she will non chalently take a 5th card and clear! Resulting in the bunch of us paying double each haha. I've learnt my lesson...not gonna play cards with her next year! Lol. Laverne then joined us and we went to Geylang for some prawn noodles and frog porridge before the end of 1 expensive day haha.

I managed to lie in bed till around 5.30pm the next day before meeting up with Valencia. I was really lucky that day because i wouldn't have had so much fun if i had been mobilised. Valencia got a $200 voucher at ilLido from some company event and she subsidised Sham, Christine and I to a nice dinner. This italian cuisine restaurant is located at Sentosa Golf Club and its really fine dining. Of course nothing is cheap there...the $200 wasn't enough for the 4 of us. The bill came up to around $307 but thats because we couldn't resist ordering their desserts each for one of us hahaha. Valencia had the Creme Brule while the other 3 of us ordered the Chocolate Lava Cake. I think the name itself is enough to make you drool..what a feast it turned out to be.

Photobucket
Sham, myself and Christine just before our dinner

Photobucket
Sham, myself and Valencia waiting for the food to arrive!

Photobucket
Our snack there..some crispy dry bread

Photobucket
I ordered the Veal Chop

Photobucket
Sham's Dory Fillet

Photobucket
Valencia's Creme Brule

Photobucket
Our Chocolate Lava Cake

Photobucket
Check out the chocolate oozing out...oh my

Photobucket
The remains on my plate after 5 mins

Photobucket
Wicked Witch Christine lol

Photobucket
Valen and Christine with our drinks at Timbre

After dinner, we decided to head down to Timbre 1. The band GoodFellas was performing that night and they were not bad at all! I stayed till around after the 2nd set before meeting up with Weijian at Selegie for the FA Cup clash of the titans Manchester United vs Arsenal! And what a night it turned out to be for Man Utd fans, the guys wallopped the Gunners and their smooth flowing football was a joy to watch. It helped sum up the night, great dinner, great music, great result, great night lah!

Had lunch with my family at Casuarina. After lunch, Sis and I went to play golf at Queenstown. Sis got Kok Bin's experienced brother Guo Qiang to teach us the basics that day. And what fun i had that day. I think i'm kinda addicted...i'm definitely going back soon! I even have half a mind to get a golf set of my own soon hahaha! Its a pretty good way to vent your anger if you ask me!

Photobucket
Some yummy champagne pork chop for lunch

Photobucket
Plus curry fish head..yummy yummy

Photobucket
The objects we tried to hit as far as possible that day

Photobucket
Aiming and getting ready to tee off

Photobucket
Keeping my eyes on the ball

Photobucket
A 1 to 10 swing!

Photobucket
Guo Qiang in action

Photobucket
Sis in action

After golf, i went to play soccer and ended up getting trashed by the opposition. We got wallopped 7-0 hahahaha. Yes you didn't read the scoreline wrongly..it was embarassing but yeah we played really badly that day so we deserve it.

I then went home for dinner where there was a second mini reunion dinner with Ah Ling and AUD's family all joining us. Oh and those kids nearly killed me last night. I turned on my Hi-Fi at around 10.30pm intending to listen to some music before sleeping and got the shock of my life because the volume was adjusted to its max and the speakers blasted in front of me giving me a huge shock. I was really tired last night and so i still managed to fall asleep soon after that crazy scare. But that wasn't the end. At 3.30am (yes i saw the clock), the Hi-Fi suddenly turned on by itself and it was again maximum volume. I literally jumped out in front out of my bed onto the floor and frantically tried to turn it off as quickly as i can. Can you imagine that kind of scare in the middle of night? Brandon or Mirah whichever of you did this please don't do it again! I'm getting old and my heart can't take this kind of shock anymore! Lol. And yup i went back to sleep with my heart still pounding like a machine gun. I never want it to happen again...it interrupted my otherwise good night rest!

Photobucket
Suspect number 1 Mirah

Photobucket
Suspect number 2 Brandon. Check out both their cheeky faces!

Photobucket
Oh we Lou Hei last night too. My 2nd of the CNY

Caught P.S I love you with Serene on V-day. Didn't really thought the plot was fantastic although many of my friends commented on how romantic and how sweet the movie was. Not to me...lol...

Photobucket

No comments: