Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dim Sum Dollies and the History of Singapore

Yup i caught the play with my mum, sis and Kok Bin last Sunday. Although its a re-run of the same play they had last july, the tickets were still very much in demand. It occured to me suddenly one day at work that i wanted to watch it so i asked the rest if they wanted to watch with me. By the time we wanted to get tickets, we realised that there were only the $38 (restricted viewing) seats left. We went ahead and bought them anyway.

If you've been to the esplanade for a play or musical whatsoever, you would probably know where the restricted viewing seats are. They are at the sides of the theatre and it was really weird watching the play from there. We had to stretch our heads and hands over the balcony to watch the whole time. And if you're someone thats afraid of heights, you probably won't want to watch a play from that position.

Photobucket
In my seat

Photobucket
Kok Bin in his seat..yup thats the balcony i'm talking about

Photobucket
Mum as usual reading everywhere she goes

Photobucket
Photowhores sis and I taking pictures with the esplanade as our background during the break

Photobucket
Just outside the theatre

Photobucket
With no time machine invented yet, photographs are the best way you can relive your memories! Never miss a shot!

Despite the uncomfortable position i was in while watching the play, i thoroughly enjoyed the play and laughed quite a lot. The songs were good, the acting was good, the props were good and the jokes were even better! They even poked fun at our very own domineering political party and its founder! No malicious intents of course or we won't be watching it already lol. I think that they'll be having their last run today evening...i would have recommended that you go catch it to laugh and destress yourself after a long day at work, but its all too late now..look forward to the next re-run guys!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My exam is coming up...there'll be no weekends from today onwards till 8th March. Oh speaking of 8th March..my sis booked her wedding night to be 8th March 2009! Just 2 days before my birthday! I can probably be invited on stage for you guys to yum seng me too for a double celebration! Congrats to sis! So looking forward! It should be pretty exciting..my only sibling's wedding!

Found time last Monday after work for a nice dinner at Old Airport Road's Market. Dropped by there before going for my Godmother's father's wake at East Coast. Although i didn't know him personally nor seen him around before, i sincerely hope that he has moved on to a better place.

Yup there's always space on my blog for pictures of food. Here's some food we enjoyed at Old Airport Road! Sis took the pictures of course.

Photobucket
I ordered chicken chop

Photobucket
The grilled sambal stingray i ordered for all of us

Photobucket
An obvious lack of communication, mum had the same exact idea and ordered another one!

Photobucket
Ah Chen Yi's oyster omelette

Photobucket
Ah Kor's fried carrot cake

Photobucket
Sis's prawn mee

Photobucket
And of course..how can you not have some sugarcane juice

Photobucket
Me and my Godfather. Together with his 2 grandchildren little Aaron and Fiona!

Oh i forgot to mention that i caught Juno with Valencia, Sham and Elizabeth last Friday. I got to admit, i fell asleep in the cinema again. Not that the show wasn't good, I was just too tired. Its a good show with witty jokes and conversations. Most of my friends loved it..you should too.

Photobucket

No comments: