Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Play and plays

Attended the Night Festival near the National Museum last Friday and was shocked to find the large amount of people gathered around to watch it. To be frank, I didn't know what to expect before arriving there because I didn't even know or read anything about it before that. It turned out to be a really arty farty festival, the crowd was gathered around the grass patches and pavements surrounding the National Museum trying to catch a glimpse of the dancing and movements by the the troope from Italy. I would have enjoyed it more if I had comfortable chairs and if there were less people around me. But the tiredness and the claustrophobicness got the better of me and I asked to leave early. Turned out I found many nice photos taken by others at the festival itself. Here they are!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The National Museum was beautifully transformed by projectors

Photobucket
Another variant

Photobucket
And another variant

Photobucket
They managed to get many of our very pretty Singapore girls to be one of these. I managed to see them up close!

Photobucket
One of the many beautifully decorated giant balloons

Photobucket
The water performance

Photobucket
The fire performance

Was supposed to watch the play cum comedy Own Time Own Target end next month but was disppointed to find out just now that all tickets have been sold out! The moment I read about the play on Straits Times Life! 2 weeks ago, I wanted to watch it so much. I just had that feeling that I would be the one laughing the loudest and the hardest in the theatre since the jokes are on my company lol. Its a pity to miss it this time, but I'm sure it'll have a re-run again someday since its so popular!

Photobucket

No comments: