Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My weekend

It was Jazz servicing time last saturday and so i sent it in. The servicing was to take almost half a day so i got nice sis to pick me up from there and go for breakfast. From the servicing centre in Mandai, we ended up in Amoy Street Food Centre just off Chinatown. I have to admit, it was my first time there my whole life and i must say its actually not bad. They have a nice variety of nice food there. Oh i bummed into Josh and Grace there too.

Photobucket
Amoy Street Food Centre

Photobucket
An idea of how the place look like?

Photobucket
There was a long queue at this store Piao Ji Fish Porridge and so we followed the crowd. The name is kinda funny though..Piao Ji Piao Ji...yeah i piao jied that day lol

Photobucket
They didn't have fish porridge, they were famous for this. Pomfret and prawn soup. Its kinda expensive though..$10 a bowl

Photobucket
The other famous dish. Fish and prawn soup.

Photobucket
We ordered chicken rice too

Photobucket
And some char siew

Photobucket
Ah Kor and I

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dig in!

Photobucket
Oh we had some yummy sesame and peanut tang yuan for dessert there too

After breakfast, we still had some spare time and so sis suggest that we check out Kranji War Memorial. Turned out to be a really nice place with nice sceneries and surroundings. After that it was nearly time and they then dropped me off at my service centre and carried on with their excursion. They checked out Kranji Reservoir next..read my sis's blog if you wanna know how it's like there lol.

Photobucket
Welcome

Photobucket
Kok Bin and I

Photobucket

Photobucket
The neatly laid tombstones of those who died for our country during WW2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
As you can see, its rather nice there

Photobucket
Close up of a tombstone

Photobucket
I bet most of you don't know this. Our 2nd President Benjamin Sheares' tomb is there too

Photobucket
And so is our 1st President Enche Yusof Bin Ishak's! That guy whose face is on all our notes in our wallet now!

In the evening, i met up with Senior who has recently just joined the seminary. Although i've always thought he's one of the highest possible friend of mine to enter priesthood someday when i was younger, but i never expect that it would actually come true lol. I would like to extend my support though..and wish him all the best! Anyway, we had dinner at Dempsey's CA..just beside Bens and Jerrys. We settled down for that place after much walking around. After dinner, Eunice and Fiance joined us where we watched soccer at Harrys. Haha i don't want to type too much, because i know only a handful of you actually bothers to read. I shall post some pics now.

Photobucket
Senior's Turkey and Mango Sandwich

Photobucket
My steak on a bread. Can't remember the name of the dish lol

Photobucket
Our almost done Nachos

Photobucket
Senior and I in Harrys

Photobucket
Senior, I and Ryan

Photobucket
Myself, Senior and Eunice

Photobucket
My little sis and I

Met up with Puss on Sunday where we did some walking around in Orchard, a place i haven been to in ages. I must mention some places and shops did change a little. We then caught the movie Hortons. I won't say its boring but i did fall asleep at some point. It was mostly due to my fatigue rather than the movie so don't read too much into it...do catch it..its kinda cute.

Photobucket

Pig and Dog friends Valencia and Sham made me skip school again today. We went to watch Leap Years. It was a good show..i kinda like it. And what my sis mention was true..they did film Singapore rather beautifully with a nice selection of filming areas. Watch it watch it!

Photobucket

No comments: