Sunday, January 20, 2008

Andrew and Joy's wedding

Met up with Puss and Remy on Friday and we went to watch Cloverfield. If you guys noticed it has been quite some time since i last caught a movie. I wouldn't have minded avp2, 27 dresses or american gangster but Puss chose Cloverfield. Turned out to be a really bad show. The show only lasted for like 1 hours 15mins and the camera made everyone dizzy. To sum it all up, they ended the show abruptly. People were all still rooted to their seats when the ending credits came out still expecting more..but we were all disappointed...and super pissed off when nothing came out. The whole threatre started clapping sarcastically in unison. Stupid Puss even ended up puking midway and after the movie...i had to stop him at a macs on the way home for him to puke more and get some hot tea lol. I would like to use this opportunity to warn each and everyone of you about the show..please don't bother to watch it. Haha.

Photobucket

Attended my OC Andrew's wedding yesterday. Went for the day's church ceremony held at Trinity College before the wedding dinner at Regent Hotel in the evening. I got to be honest here..i was bored stiff during the wedding dinner. The major reason being this giant pillar which was blocking my view the entire dinner. It not only made me bored..it pissed me off. I could only hear the people on stage talk but not see them unless i bother stand up and walk elsewhere. The couple made a nice effort to brighten up their wedding dinner by giving accounts of how they hooked up and reminiscing the early days of their courtship. Their stories and thank you speech were really interesting and intriguing at first but it got too long winded in the end i think everyone started to get bored. And i think that was the reason why the food was served so damn slowly. I got really frustrated because i was hungry and i wanted to eat! The couple also got some of their friends to sing but to be honest they can't really sing for nut. I think they even got a few people irritated.

I've always thought that it'll be really sweet singing for your wife and publicly announcing how much you love her on your wedding. I've even thought and dreamt of doing it on my very own wedding but i kinda changed my mind after last night. At least 50% of the crowd didn't even bother to pay attention when that was happening last night...a bulk of them being those sitting behind those giant pillars. Most of them were even chatting amongst themselves and making some noise.

Couples planning for your marriage please please make an effort to recce your ballroom and choose one which has no big pillars blocking anyone's view! It'll really really spoil the whole night! I'm still a firm believer of lovely wedding nights of course....and i'll be looking forward to attending the next! Congrats to Andrew and Joy! You guys can check out their wedding blog..it has a cool account of how they met up and how they hooked up...here's the url!

http://andrewandjoy2008.weddingannouncer.com/welcome.html

Photobucket

I read about this guy on New Paper today about how he met with an accident and lost some of his memories. Then i realised how fortunate i am to have blogged down most of my everyday accounts. So if touch wood i ever get into an accident myself and lose my memory...i'll start reading back!

No comments: