Sunday, December 03, 2006

Yong Bu Fang Qi Yong Wang Zi Qian...42.125km!

Recently i took out a CD i had containing my Sega Genesis emulator with lots of ROMs and started playing again. Haha i really relived my childhood when i played games like Aladdin, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bare Knuckles, Dick Tracy, Golden Axe etc etc. I realised that some things don't change as you become older..and that is how good you are at games. I expected myself to complete these games in a breeze since i've become smarter haha but NO. I still couldn't complete the games that i couldn't as a kid and rather still continued dying at the same old stages haha. As a kid, i could never complete Aladdin, Dick Tracy and Sonic the Hedgehog...somehow or rather i would either always die at the big boss stage or something other stage. And since Sega didn't invent any memory cards to save games during that time, i would always have to start all over again each time i fail..it pisses me off but what to do.

Come to think of it..I have quite a blessed childhood actually. Except for the occasional canings i get from Mummy because i refuse to study or was mischievous, i was actually loved and doted on by most around me. And there's someone i should thank for the fact that i actually had so many games to play as a child. That person is none other than the person i affectionately call Ah Dio. He used to stay in my house but not anymore. Christmas used to be the favourite festival of the year and i will always look forward to Ah Dio bringing me and sis to Toy R Rus at Forum to buy toys. Because of him i had a sega genesis, sega game gear and even a nintendo gameboy as a child...something my mum will never get me haha. Not to forget also my Ah Kor who never fails to buy me new games whenever i get bored of those i have lol. Thank you all for helping me lead such a charmed life! I love all of you!


My Ah Dio with 2 of his smallest grandchildren


My Ah Kor with Terence and Brandon

Met up with Puss, Sham, Henry and Shawn yesterday for Saw 3! Not the usual group that would always hang out together but i had arranged to watch the show with Puss already when Sham and the rest asked if i wanted to watch the same show. So there we ended up watching the show together. Anyway Saw 3 was bad...really bad. The director concentrated on gruesome killings rather than the storyline. At the start of the show, there were already countless scenes that can really make me puke. We all regretted watching the show...should have watched Andy Lau's Battle of Wits lah haha.



After the show, we wanted to have a good meal before the gruelling day so we ended up at Marina Bay. When we got there, we realised that there isn't a single ATM around the whole place! Wth right? Got bowling alleys, food centers, car shops no ATM?! So we had to drive down to Shenton Way for some cash before we turned back.


Our food

Today was d-day. Puss stayed over the night before because he would otherwise have trouble getting there so early in the morning. I'm talking about the Standard Chartered Marathon. We were greeted by hordes of people when we arrived and didn't really have time to stretch properly before the flag off. In the middle of the run, somewhere at the 19-20km mark, i had a bad stomachache and so i ran off to the Kallang MacDonalds for the toilet. Apparently i wasn't the only one as there were a few others queueing up for the one cubicle there. Dammit...i wasted like 20mins there. Anyway, not that it mattered though, towards the end of the run, my legs were already in so much pain i thought they would break haha.

You might think that i'm insane to want to torture myself by going for this but hey you will never understand the satisfaction when you know you've completed one. This marathon also made me see the many different faces of Singaporeans. Many of them were really nice to encourage the runners by the side. They were also the eccentrics who did things that made me smile along the way. There was this band along East Coast Park that played so bad it made everyone laugh. There were also 4 ladies who set up a table along Tanjong Rhu and toasted to their champagne in the middle of the road in front of all the runners. Then there's this old man then suddenly shouted "Yong Bu Fang Qi Yong Wang Zi Qian" while i was running i started to burst out laughing. I think that means Stay focused don't give up. Not to forget..there were also the desperate and shameless...peeing along the road as if there were no ladies around haha.




We did it


Posing with our hard earned medals


The nice shirt that i'll be wearing quite often in time to come lol

I saw many friends along the way. There were friends from my BMT, Sispec, SI, SAJC, secondary school, church and poly. It was nice knowing that i was not the only one that wanted to torture myself. I guess some point in life, guys will want to join these sort of events..which explains the 30000 registrations this year lol. Anyway my legs are aching so badly now that everything i do now is in slow motion. I don't know how long i'll take to recover..i hope soon lah. Oh anyway i came in at 5 hrs 55 mins today..i practically ran for one quarter of my day today..quite amazing yeah. Give me a chance to play in the World Cup Finals now? I'll signal for substituition right after singing Majulah Singapura! Haha. Anyway 3 cheers to myself for completing this marathon! At least I didn't die! Wooh!


I finished in 5hrs 55mins...they all saw a winner!

No comments: