Saturday, June 10, 2006

Nong Day

I haven had a long and fulfilling day for a long time now, but it was one such day yesterday. I had to wake up early in the morning, 8am to be precise, for my dental x-ray appointment in MMI, somewhere near NUH. This x-ray is for my ranger course. Security is really tight at MMI, i had to surrender my camera phone at the reception and there are no buttons for you to press in the lift itself, i had to decide the floor i want to go to at the lift lobby by pressing the button pads they have outside.

The x-ray was fast, i was out of there in 5 mins. As i was leaving, it started to pour really heavily. I got drenched running to my car which was parked in an open air carpark. It was already 10.30am then and i had a lunch appointment with my OC, CSM, PC and some others at taka's seoul gardens at 12.30pm. I decided not to go home and went straight to orchard instead. Huge mistake it turned out to be. Parking at orchard at that period can kill.

Anyway i drove around and decided to park at lucky plaza. I then walked around and even had a foot reflexology there haha. By time it was done, it was almost time for my lunch appointment. Just like most of my friends, they were all late and lunch didn't start until around 1pm haha. It has been ages since i ate at seoul gardens now, but nothing has changed, in fact there seem to be lesser food. There were even small cockroaches running around a few times near our table, gross right?

We walked around orchard after lunch and ended up in orchard cineleisure. We played pool for awhile there before they had to go off for their own appointments. It was around 5pm then and it was time for me to go for my next appointment, dinner with my poly classmates. Anyway the parking fee clocked when i finally left lucky plaza is the most shocking parking fee i've ever paid thus far, a cool $19.80! I can take a taxi there and home and probably still have change!


Joel pondering over his shot at pool

I had still some time before my dinner appointment so i went to the esplanade library, a personal favourite library of mine, to sit down, relax and read some papers hehe.



The time turned 7pm and it was time for me to go meet my classmates. As usual, some of them wasn't punctual and dinner didn't happen until 7.45pm. We ate at Mar-ches (Hey i just realised this is the same spelling as Marches). Just like Seoul Garden, nothing changed, same idea, same food, same ambience, my opinion of the place stays the same, not fantastic.


The guys


The girls

After dinner, we went to brewerks at clarke quay with the intention to chill out and also catch some football! What a night it turned out to be, i got all of them to bet together with me that night and our hearts were thumping all the way from the first minute to the last. Although we lost in the end, we had hell a lot of fun haha. Anyway if you people like to drink beer, brewerks is the place to go! They have this special tower that they put their beer in, here's a picture of it!


Meiwen with the tower

After breworks, some of them left while some of us decided we wanted to continue partying and catch more football. We decided to go Club Momo, what a wrong decision it turned out to be. Meiwen, Meiting and Jack entered before us. But both Shawn and Sham were turned away at the entrance because the minimum age limit is 23. And the last time we came, the age limit is 21, how fickle can they get! Its not a problem with the law here, how inflexible can they get? Anyway i don't see what living a few more months in life can do to you, how much more mature can one get?! Dumb ass people that don't even want to earn some money when we came knocking on their door. Because Meiwen, Meiting and Jack already paid, we had to separate. So off we went.

It wasn't the end of my day after that though. We continued our football fever at the MacDonalds in East Coast Park. Bad idea, it turned out to be a super boring match and i was literally dozing off throughout the match. Anyway we betted and lost again, what a bad losing start to this World Cup. Better luck today i hope!

No comments: