Sunday, June 25, 2006

A fruitful week

Last Tuesday, i went to the new tiong bahru market together with my mum and sis. The place is a huge difference from the one i went to just probably over a year ago. I remember going to the old tiong bahru market with sam before, i didn't like the place one bit. It was old, dirty, smelly and the food wasn't fantastic. It also didn't help that i was quarrelling with sam on that day and some old uncle pissed me off there haha. Anyway the food at the new market is normal, we had some prawn mee, porridge, chicken wings and satays...not worth the trip if you live far away if you ask me.

It was a short work week for me last week. Work 3 days and it was Armour anniversary on Thursday. All of us had to go to Punggol Marina for some celebration. Since it was going to be a slack day the next day, i decided to go MOS together with Freddy and Bucky on Wednesday night haha. It was my first time there and indeed the place is huge and nicely done. But somehow the crowd wasn't pleasing to my eye and the music sucked haha. We left with our hands empty since we didn't have luck with girls and most of the girls there suck anyway haha.


Picture taken outside MOS while i was waiting for them

On Thursday at Punggol Marina, they had some games which we saboed some of our officers to play. There was the gladiator where i filmed my DYS3 fighting with my OC and my B2 fighting with my Ops WO. After the event, it was half day off for all of us haha.


Armour Anniversary at Punggol Marina

Then at night, Puss, Bernerd and I met for a swim at the "country club". It has been a long time since i had a good swim and it did feel refreshing. After the swim, we went for prata at Causaurina Road. It was just on Life! recently that the owner of this place became a millionaire just by selling pratas, i decided i must give it a try and boy did i have a good hell of a supper. The pratas were crispy, hot and delicious! Visit the place if you have the time! I think its going to be a new supper hang out place for me from now on haha.


Casaurina Curry!


Chocolate Prata


Milo Dinosaur


YES we finished everything

Then on Friday, I went to visit Villa Francis Home where some of us from our unit helped clean up the place and talk to the old folks there as part of Armour Anniversary. My men and i were tasked with repainting their chairs. It was a dirty job and i still have some black paint spots on my body lol. That night, i met Bernerd and Puss again. This time, we went to catch a movie. Puss wanted Just my Luck while i wanted Silent Hill or Scary Movie 4. Bernerd didn't want to make a decision and we had to play sissors paper stone. I won and we watched Silent Hill. What a huge mistake it turned out to be. The show was super duper crappy, even worse than Slither. The storyline was crap and everything just didn't make sense. Please don't even think of buying the VCD from malaysia haha.

Photobucket

Recently i decided i want to take a part-time degree while working in the army. Yesterday morning, Puss and i went to SIM to enquire about the different degrees they offer. I'm more or less choosing either some infomatics course at Uni Sim or a business course partnership degree under UOL. After leaving SIM, we went for lunch at Bukit Timah Plaza. Yes its an ulu place and i must say they really look like they are at least 10 years behind times. After lunch, we wanted to visit the new Ford Factory Museum but it was closed by the time we got there, we will visit the place the next time i go down to SIM. Since we were nearby, Puss suggested we visit the new Catholic Church at Bukit Batok. And dear me, the place is super modern and nice. Just look at the pictures i took and you'll understand haha.


The courtyard of the church


The entrance to the place where mass is held


The inside of the church, they use BOSE speakers!


Another picture of the inside

After leaving the church, we went to watch another movie. This time Just my luck Puss had wanted to watch haha. Ok although not a fantastic show, it still turned out to be a show ten times better than Silent Hill haha.

Photobucket

Just this afternoon, Shawn and me attended Sham's sister's wedding. It was the first malay wedding i've attended and it sure was an eye opener. Congrats to her! Although i don't know her hahaha.


Shawn and Sham


The arrival of brother-in-law Sham


A final photo before we left

I will be away for my PS course for the whole of next week. So there will not be any post till probably 2 weeks later! Cheers!

No comments: