Saturday, November 06, 2004

Miss me?!

Wow how long has it been? I wonder how many of you all actually do drop by Xiaoville nowadays. You might think i'm exaggerating but this one month plus seems such a long time to me. I've been through shit, mud, torture, humiliation etc etc you name it haha.

I'm in BMTC school 1 Charlie company Platoon 1 Section 2 haha. Charlie is the slackest enhanced company in school 1 this time. While other companies are doing their 5BX (excercise), our company will be just preparing to wake up. We have reasonable amount of admin time but when the sergeants want to tekang us, its hell.

So far i've done route marches, basic close combat training(bcct), circuit training, weights training, ET run, IPPT, range and FIELD CAMP! The 7 days of field camp were the worse days of my life. I didn't bathe nor brush my teeth for the whole one week. Everyday we have to sleep on mud and feed the mosquitos. Ok we powder bath everyday, and that means stripping to only our underwear and cover every part of our body with powder. I hate powder bathing because that's when mosquitos start biting me again and i have to take off my shoes and step on the shitty mud. Throughout the 1 week, i had my boots on all the time except when powder bathing. Can you imagine the discomfort, the socks mark on my calf is still around man. Field camp also means that you shit/pee in the jungle and eat combat ration. And trust me, the braised chicken rice with mushroom tasted like vomit, combat ration is army men's fear factor.

It rained everyday during my field camp. Throughout, we had to put on camo, carry our SBO, wear our helmet and hold on to our rifle. They are a bunch of nuisance, everything is dirtied by mud and stinked. One of the things i hate most is doing route march. Route march means we carry our fucking heavy field pack, sbo, rifle, wear our helmet and march. I think everything weighs almost 25kg, that's almost half my body weight god dammit. And everytime we shift from one camp site to the next, we route march around 3-6km. I don't think i can put down what i've been through this one month in one post. I'll do it when i have more time next time.

No comments: