Monday, June 21, 2004

First day of work

Its the first day of work for me today after what seemed like a long break for me. I had difficulty sleeping on sunday night after freshly quitting the night owl club. I turned off the lights in my room and watched tv..putting it on sleep mode. F1 racing started at 1am and it kept me awake all the way till 2.45am...and what a race it was....only 12/20 drivers left at the end of the race with the rest either crashing out or retiring.

At 2.45am..you know it..euro fever. Spain vs Portugal also kept me awake all the way till 4.45am..it was only then that i decided to stop extending the sleep mode time of my tv and try to sleep. Success at last but i had to wake up 3 hours later at 7.45am to get ready for work.

I avoided using CTE to go to work because of the 2 irritating ERP gantrys there. So i used Upper Serangoon Road and then to PIE. Along potong pasir, there's this guy by the road taking down plates of vehicles driving on the bus lane. I hope he didn't take down my plate, because i had squeezed past a few cars by cutting into the bus lane. If the summon really comes...it will be really expensive...if i'm not wrong it'll come with some demerit points too..god damn.

Managed to report for work right on time at 9am and to my surprise i wasn't the only new staff that day. There were other temp and perm staffs reporting for their first day of work too. I had practically nothing to do the whole day except for a little bit of understanding and operating the SAP system plus printing reports. I surfed the net and chatted online to kill time..occasionally also accompanying my friend fishy as he takes a fagging break downstairs.

The office consists of predominantly females. But fortunately, unlike bata, they are generally young people haha. The lights will go out on me early tonight...no more late nights for me...good bye fellow cyber owls

No comments: