Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Xmas 2007! I went to City Harvest lah!

Got a little more adventurous and spent my Christmas Eve a little differently this year. Guess what? I went to City Harvest Church! I just had to find how what the big hoohah about the church is! Why thousands flock to the church every week or every other day and devote so much of their time there. The service was held at Expo, the environment and surrounding gives you the feeling that you're attending a concert. The notorious overzealous people were ever present, but once you're prepared for it its actually ok. They are really friendly, outgoing and outspoken which are not bad characteristics at all!

The 2 hours service includes praise and worship, a homily and a damn good skit. Nevermind that you're not Christian or don't believe in God, you'll quite impressed by them. They were damn professional, it was interesting, funny and there were hardly any mistakes considering they are volunteers. And of course i had to notice the pretty dancers too...how can i miss them!? That aside, their mediawork was also damn good, its no wonder why they can attract so many youths, the whole thing was bubbly and everyone was so good at what they do...including the pastor himself. No doubt, other than the amazing mediawork, you can actually learn skills from them that you can apply outside, for example their good public speech and confidence! Don't get me wrong, i still won't want to waste my weekends and devote some of my time there, i just find it really interesting and its actually quite ingenious to come out with a church of this concept. Pardon me but i'm not actually thinking of this in a religious sense but rather in a business sense...ingenious...entrepreneurial...bravo....so damn good lah. I'm pretty overwhelmed, not by God himself but the people there...and how good they are at doing their stuff. They actually make people willing part with a percentage of their income every month, enjoy their work, be enthusiastic in everything they do there and even bring in friends week in week out with no promise of a commission or anything...now isn't that what every company will want? So if you have the time, regardless of your religion, forget the fact that this church actually has a bad reputation, cast aside all fears and just go there and see what it is all about. It'll be an eye opener.

After the service, Jit Hwee, Chin Seng, Kheng Siang and myself went to East Coast for a sumptous dinner. All of us had cravings for chilli crabs and that was the place we thought of. We got there at around 11pm and there were already hardly anyone around...yup that was where and how i counted down my xmas this year...quietly and peacefully. After dinner, we had to make the mistake of going down to Orchard Road. We had wanted to watch a movie and Orchard Cineleisure came to mind. Had a scary walk from Centerpoint to Cineleisure with groups of people holding party foam sprays spraying anyone and everything like its damn fun. We had to play dodgeball and avoid this kind of crazy people. I would have picked a fight if anyone sprayed me feeling all clean and all lol...just kidding. In the end, the tickets for the nice shows were sold out leaving us only the not so nice shows so we didn't watch any movie.

Had a family xmas party at Kok Bin's house this year. Sis did most of the organising and preparation, it was good and everyone had fun and lots of food. Received many t-shirts, chocolates, boxer shorts and a book this year..which are things i really need and love haha. Oh and i got myself a Manchester United jersey! Although i've been a Manu fan since primary 5 (1994), i've never owned a Manu jersey before in my life and so this is my first! Although i bought the jersey myself, i managed to persuade mum and sis to share and pay for it as my Xmas present! Lol. I would like to wish everyone that visits my blog a very very Merry Christmas! Fret not, there's 12 days of Xmas...we're only at the beginning..there's still time to buy gifts for your love ones if you haven...and of course..don't forget about me too. ;)

Photobucket
The Sushi spread sis got from Sakae

Photobucket
The Jacob's Creek rose wine we had that day

Photobucket
It won't be a complete Xmas party if you don't serve Turkey! Here's ours!

Photobucket
The rest of the food

Photobucket
Our Xmas log cake from Swiss Bakery..it was really good!

Photobucket
Having a go at the lucky draw

Photobucket
Sis and Brandon

Photobucket
Brandon, Kok Bin's Mum and their pet rabbit

Photobucket
Really nice of my cousin Ah Ling to get me this book! She sees the entrepreneur in me!

Photobucket
My first Manu jersey!

Photobucket
Oh i bought myself a nice new wallet from River Island too..i deserve it lol

Somewhere during the week, i also found time to finally catch The Warlords. Its a movie full of actions...but there are scenes that leaves you asking questions...like why the hell they throw bao at Jet Li when they themselves want to eat bao lol. Aiya watch the movie yourself..its worth the weekend price.

Photobucket

No comments: